Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Okay, this is killing me, rare, inlaid Elymwold forks for sale

Type
    1b/F/i

Default Re: Okay, this is killing me, rare, inlaid Elymwold forks for sale

Today I put the last package in the mail. I want to thank you ALL for making this a much better experience than I had hoped for. I really had trepidation when I started this but seeing these treasures go to long-time LHCers who I know understand how very rare and beautiful they are has helped me so much. It also helps me to know that these beauties will see the light of day and be used for what they were made to do instead of sitting quietly in waiting. I hope that some of the love that I had for these hairtoys touches each and every one of those of you who are receiving them and that each time you wear them your day is just a little bit brighter.
    (We are) star stuff contemplating the stars...Carl Sagan
    In old age; wandering on paths of beauty; lively may I walk...Night Chant of the Navajo.
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz

Length
    18/23/28
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Oh. My. Gosh.
    Not that I could have worn any of them (my hair has gotten thinner too), but I TOTALLY understand about hoping that others will understand and appreciate how some hairtoys are absolute treasures, and they carry the best wishes of those who may have worn and loved them before.

"Put down roots. Grow strong. Stay flexible."

Length
    23/48.5/55+
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lunasea View Post
    Today I put the last package in the mail. I want to thank you ALL for making this a much better experience than I had hoped for. I really had trepidation when I started this but seeing these treasures go to long-time LHCers who I know understand how very rare and beautiful they are has helped me so much. It also helps me to know that these beauties will see the light of day and be used for what they were made to do instead of sitting quietly in waiting. I hope that some of the love that I had for these hairtoys touches each and every one of those of you who are receiving them and that each time you wear them your day is just a little bit brighter.

The contrast between the first post and this really does feel like
    I am so honoured, and frankly shocked, to be one of the lucky ones to be giving two of these a home. I made a post recently that I know some of you have seen where I was about to sell my entire collection because I had just been diagnosed with a terminal condition (I need second opinions and to talk to a couple more doctors)..and then I turned around, closed it, and did this... My original post was made before I had thought things out, and the moment after I went and edited my own thread to say so, I saw this one... I immediately sent a message, not actually dreaming they'd still be available. I figured that I can actually wear these now for whatever time I might have left (when the only Elymwold pair I have, I actually never got to wear because they are too huge on me, and now I likely also have to face the fact that although I once did have the hair for them, it isn't likely I ever will again. I am likely selling them soon, and made a promise to offer them back to their original owner first should that ever be the case)

I know that at least for me, I will think of you every time I wear them, and this entire story surrounding them. I will feel like one of the luckiest girls, and that has to make ones day brighter.
    Last edited by Calaelen; August 10th, 2022 at 05:02 PM.
    Lady Calaelen of Eden's Nook Designer of Fetching Forks in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    18/23/28
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Calaelen View Post

The contrast between the first post and this really does feel like
    I am so honoured, and frankly shocked, to be one of the lucky ones to be giving two of these a home. I made a post recently that I know some of you have seen where I was about to sell my entire collection because I had just been diagnosed with a terminal condition (I need second opinions and to talk to a couple more doctors)..and then I turned around, closed it, and did this... My original post was made before I had thought things out, and the moment after I went and edited my own thread to say so, I saw this one... I immediately sent a message, not actually dreaming they'd still be available. I figured that I can actually wear these now for whatever time I might have left (when the only Elymwold pair I have, I actually never got to wear because they are too huge on me, and now I likely also have to face the fact that although I once did have the hair for them, it isn't likely I ever will again. I am likely selling them soon, and made a promise to offer them back to their original owner first should that ever be the case)

I know that at least for me, I will think of you every time I wear them, and this entire story surrounding them. I will feel like one of the luckiest girls, and that has to make ones day brighter.
    Calaelen, you are a shining star.

"Put down roots. Grow strong. Stay flexible."

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

And this is why so many of us are here for 10, 20+ years at this point. There's no place like this.