Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi All :)

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

Default Hi All :)

I'm 33 and from the UK. I figure I should write an introduction to my hair rather than me!

I haven't had my hair shorter than BSL since I was 17. It was nearly knee-length a couple of years ago but it's now TBL. I haven't taken any special care of it and mostly wore it down until last year, when I got a job that needed it to be a bit more out of the way. Until then, it was in prettty good condition because I never heat-styled or did anything that would cause damage.

I got into the habit of making a ponytail with several elastics down the length which I've only realized recently has given me quite a lot of breakage and some splits. I am depressed about it and to make matters worse I've received a couple of very negative comments too. I used to get nothing but compliments on my hair so now I feel pretty insecure and miserable.

I just want to be part of a hair-positive community while I decide what to do with it going forward. I really don't want a major cut, but I am steeling myself to see a hairdresser for the first time in years!

Looking forward to meeting you all, and figuring out how to post photos!

Length
    Short/Waist/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Hi All :)

Hello and welcome! Everyone here is very hair positive and you'll find yourself thinking more positively in no time!

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Welcome! Try some protective styles and you will feel fabulous
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Welcome!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

Hi everyone and thank you 😊 I'm happy to be here!

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Howdy! I also joined after having long hair for many years, worried about some new damage I was seeing. Just learning a greater variety of ways to keep my hair contained helped a lot. Mixing it up helps spread out the "stress" across the hair rather than concentrating it in the same places every day.

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Hello there and welcome!

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

Hi and thank you, Shelomit and Garnetgem! Happy to be here and learning 😊

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./72"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MsElizaRose View Post
    I'm 33 and from the UK. I figure I should write an introduction to my hair rather than me!

I haven't had my hair shorter than BSL since I was 17. It was nearly knee-length a couple of years ago but it's now TBL. I haven't taken any special care of it and mostly wore it down until last year, when I got a job that needed it to be a bit more out of the way. Until then, it was in prettty good condition because I never heat-styled or did anything that would cause damage.

I got into the habit of making a ponytail with several elastics down the length which I've only realized recently has given me quite a lot of breakage and some splits. I am depressed about it and to make matters worse I've received a couple of very negative comments too. I used to get nothing but compliments on my hair so now I feel pretty insecure and miserable.

I just want to be part of a hair-positive community while I decide what to do with it going forward. I really don't want a major cut, but I am steeling myself to see a hairdresser for the first time in years!

Looking forward to meeting you all, and figuring out how to post photos!
    Howdy! I found the same exact thing last year After a year, it's stopped raining short pieces
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights