Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pisinoe's one year of hair growth with no trims

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Smile Pisinoe's one year of hair growth with no trims

Hiya! I've been here a while but never posted a thread about my hair journey here, but I thought this would be fun to look back to in the future

Last year in 2021 I almost achieved my hair goal of tailbone, but because I had some pretty bad post-covid shedding and was possessed by the Scissor Impulse spirit, I ended up cutting my hip+ length hair back to collabone. Now, I didn't regret it initially, but down the line it became so frustrating. I just don't feel like myself with short hair anymore and my self-esteem took a pretty big hit, so I decided to muster all the patience I wasn't born with and not cut my hair for a whole year to get it as long as possible. For my own shock I managed to power through, and I was too impatient to wait another week to hit one year, so here we are! My hair is back to waist, which doesn't feel long at all, but is a length I feel much better at.

I don't know the exact measurements of my hair when I cut it off, but my mom tried to measure it as accurately as possible, and now my hair is 71cm. My hair has grown around 24-26cm during this whole year. I don't plan to cut my hair yet, and I'll try to go at least until the year ends again as I'm participating in the no trim challenges which have been very helpful to keep me sane and also vent my frustrations away. I'm definitely growing back to hip this time, but I might try to make it to tailbone eventually. My biggest wish at the moment is to get rid of the deep U cut and have an even straight hemline, but that's a wish for down the line

Now, here onto the pics!

My hair last year at its longest hip+:

The day I cut it off in August 2021:

My hair today:

And here a pic comparison using the same dress:

If my calculations are correct, I have to let it grow another year to get to tailbone and at least until the year ends again to get to hip! Thankfully with my hair care routine, I don't feel like my ends have suffered much. Thanks for reading this mini bible!

And who knew, the biggest hair growth secret is just... Patience!
    Last edited by pisinoe; August 5th, 2022 at 08:56 AM. Reason: typo
    Collarbone (12.08.21) | Armpit (16.10.21) | Midback (14.10.22) | Waist (06.02.23) | Hip (23.03.24) | Belly Button

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Pisinoe's one year of hair growth with no trims

That's some great growth and your hair still looks very healthy!

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Congratulations!
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

WOW your hair grows so fast & the photo of it ‘at it’s longest’ is so beautiful! For what it’s worth, I like the U shape you have for now
    Maintaining 31” HL last bleach nov 2020 final goal is HL virgin hair by 6/2025 for my 40th

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    That's some great growth and your hair still looks very healthy!
    Thank you, shorty! I use silicone oil on my hands twice a day, it helps a lot to maintain it!

Quote Originally Posted by tuanyiji View Post
    Congratulations!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by rosenester View Post
    WOW your hair grows so fast & the photo of it ‘at it’s longest’ is so beautiful! For what it’s worth, I like the U shape you have for now
    To me it doesn't grow very fast, but maybe it's because I've always been used to this pace? hehe. And thank you so much, I do miss that length as well and it's why I want to go back to it! I'm trying to make peace with the hemline, from the front it doesn't really bother me so it's not the end of the world.
    Collarbone (12.08.21) | Armpit (16.10.21) | Midback (14.10.22) | Waist (06.02.23) | Hip (23.03.24) | Belly Button

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Wow; good progress. I too think your hair grows fast.

Length
    13/45/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Congratulations! Your hair looks so healthy in all of your pictures.

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Wow, you have madea lot progress with that whole year! Your hair grow fast! I really love the before photo when it was at it's longest. It is still very healthy looking. Well, your hair has always looked very healthy.
    (Chin length) (Shoulder Length) (Bra Strap Length) (Mid Back Length) (Waist Length) (Hip Length) (Tail Bone Length) (Classic Length) (Mid Thigh Length) (Knee Length) (Calf Length) (Ankle Length) (Floor Length)

Length
    Bald/Buzz/TBL

So fast and looks amazing.

Idk what to put here ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Your hair looks so shiny and healthy! You should have no problem getting to tailbone, especially with the amount of growth you've had this past year

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights