Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do to add fun to your hair routine?

Length
    23.7"/28"/34"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default What do you do to add fun to your hair routine?

So I started oiling my ends every night with almond oil, but the bottle was so clumsy I'd either end up with way too much oil, or nearly getting my finger stuck in the bottle trying to get the right amount out. So I thought to myself that I'd get a dropper bottle to make the process easier, which is great but...kind of boring? I ultimately decided to get an antique perfume bottle both make the process easier, and to just... I guess feel fancy about it? Something small to make this routine process feel more special, if that makes sense. So it got me curious. My question is, what sort of things do you do for yourself to make your haircare routine feel a bit more interesting/exotic/fancy/whatnot?

Default Re: What do you do to add fun to your hair routine?

Ohh I feel this! Boredom is dangerous for me... it ends up in heat damage and/or box dye.
    I like to add a drop or two of some nice smelling essential oil to my ACV rinses... makes me smell good, calms down scalp flareups and makes me feel oh so fancy.
    Getting hairtoys also help. I have a two pronged fork and some would say it's a little overkill for APL, but I figured out how to do secure buns with it and it makes having long-ish hair so much more tolerable.
    growing to APL

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I drew pretty labels for my dropper bottles. I have pretty vases and flower frogs for hair stick storage/display. After my cat tragically broke the gorgeous hand mirror I snitched from my mom as a kid, I replaced it with a beautiful matching vanity set. And I love my comb, and all my hair toys. Basically, beautiful functional things make me smile and want to use them.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

I recycle the buckets of my hair-washing water to flush the toilet, more environmental friendly this way. Is this fun? Yes, of course lol.
    I also compost the herb/tea from hair rinse for my garden to nourish the ones I’ve grown.
    I have aloe vera, mint, sage, rosemary, and basil.
    Last edited by tuanyiji; August 7th, 2022 at 12:43 AM.
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Fun thread for a bit of fun I'll do a mock capillary schedule that pisinoe kindly set up for me last year

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Cool, super cool, idea for a thread. I guess I just love to change up my products. Using up my stash as I go. That's my little bit of fun on wash day.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

I've done arctic fox temporary hair color twice in the past year when I'm bored with my hair. It's totally harmless and doesn't last long on my medium brown hair so it's good for a low commitment fun change. Pretty cheap too.

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Lately it’s been learning new updos. I’m at a stage of growing where things that used to work don’t anymore and I’m having fun trying out new stuff and seeing what works for me both stylistically and gravitationally lol.
    At my goal length of Classic after 2.5 years here at the LHC.
    (still growing though lol)

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./72"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by knobbly View Post
    Lately it’s been learning new updos. I’m at a stage of growing where things that used to work don’t anymore and I’m having fun trying out new stuff and seeing what works for me both stylistically and gravitationally lol.
    And ... reachably
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    And ... reachably
    Well, once it’s folded up I can reach it can’t I? Haha right now my issues are usually of painful pulling on my scalp so I’m always in search of ways to keep the tension and weight evenly situated so it doesn’t exacerbate the tension my scalp and jaw muscles already bear.
    At my goal length of Classic after 2.5 years here at the LHC.
    (still growing though lol)