Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you do to add fun to your hair routine?

Length
    Chin/MBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default Re: What do you do to add fun to your hair routine?

I like to experiment with different herbs, oils, and treatments. Like making a rosemary infused oil in a little glass dropper bottle to massage into my scalp, or an ayurvedic tea rinse. Little things like that bring me joy in the earthy smells, the application, the mixing, it's all very tactile. But I'm basically making hair potions, of which the effectiveness varies, but I've had some real winners. I think if I had to just use store bought everything on my hair forever I would get bored of it quickly.
    🎕 Currently MBL 。・:*:・゚★Goal 1: WL 。・:*:・゚★Goal 2: WL, all virgin 。・:*:・゚★Goal 3: FTL。・:*:・゚★

Length
    -/28/30
    Type
    2b/F/ii/iii

I mostly pick products by scent, and find the burst of scent so much fun and satisfying. I go for anything coconut, with either a subtle warm vanilla or honey smell, and tolerate a slightly floral background. I scent my own mixtures of flaxseed gel, or oils with bergamot EO, and that burst is just different enough without clashing. To change things up, sometimes I go for grapefruit or orange scented products.

Iím super simple about styling, and do a dutch braid, english braid, low or high cinnabunÖ whenever I try something else for fun I donít quite feel like myselfÖ but I keep throwing something else in the rotation to spice things up and maybe will find a new regular.
    * 26 in~mid-back * 28 in~waist * 31 in~hip *

Length
    BSL/ankle/floor
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

The most I tend to do is use different colours of hairtoys when I want to switch it up. Changes to my actual care routine I don't do; I like it bland and predictable.

Length
    CBL/WL/HL
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Fun thread for a bit of fun I'll do a mock capillary schedule that pisinoe kindly set up for me last year
    This is also how I keep my routine fun: I rotate different products / ranges that I enjoy and they're all professional products which make me feel fancy!
    Collarbone (12.08.21) | Armpit (16.10.21) | Midback (04.03.22) | Waist (05.08.22) | Hip

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Chin

Quote Originally Posted by pisinoe View Post
    This is also how I keep my routine fun: I rotate different products / ranges that I enjoy and they're all professional products which make me feel fancy!
    And it helps use up my giant stash from my hair product mania last year haha. I still have one shampoo and conditioner to use from my very first stash in 2020

Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I think its fun to see how long I can go between length pictures.

(I went from May to July, and now July until....???)

Type
    3b/M/C/ii

Forgive me for butting in, but can I ask what a capillary schedule is?

Length
    ?/53"/TERM!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by neko_kawaii View Post
    I drew pretty labels for my dropper bottles. I have pretty vases and flower frogs for hair stick storage/display. After my cat tragically broke the gorgeous hand mirror I snitched from my mom as a kid, I replaced it with a beautiful matching vanity set. And I love my comb, and all my hair toys. Basically, beautiful functional things make me smile and want to use them.
    I had to look up flower frogs *blush* They were not frogs dressed up as flower girls and tossing petals around (that was what came into my head when I read it...I think in pictures...) XD Do flower frogs work well to hold hair sticks (They look so short and sticks are so long)? Do you use the plastic ones or metal ones? *very curious* I'm a "Can't see it, forgot it" kind of person so that sounds like a neat idea. I love beautiful functional things, too. I don't like plain, functional things.

Quote Originally Posted by knobbly View Post
    Lately itís been learning new updos. Iím at a stage of growing where things that used to work donít anymore and Iím having fun trying out new stuff and seeing what works for me both stylistically and gravitationally lol.
    Me, too! I love learning new updos

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Fun thread for a bit of fun I'll do a mock capillary schedule that pisinoe kindly set up for me last year
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLuckyLurker View Post
    Forgive me for butting in, but can I ask what a capillary schedule is?
    I want to know, too! This what the internet told me:
    "WHAT IS THE CAPILLARY SCHEDULE? The capillary schedule is a hair care routine that includes three main treatments: hydration, nutrition, and reconstruction. It is suitable for all types of hair, regardless of its texture or curvature, since all strands can suffer from external factors."
    Is that what you meant, Bat? It sure is a fancy turn of phrase

I got a wig comb in pink to comb out my hair when I condition it. Pink makes me happy. I'd be even happier if it was clear pink with sparkles, though Switching around my updos makes things exciting. I also put small barrettes in my hair and am trying out other hair decoration type things I've learned from here. Hair toys are amazing! I like using only one thing to hold up my hair (before LHC it was a minimum of two big bulky plastic U pins...). I find reading the forum makes things exciting, too. I'm learning a lot and it motivates me to do more/try harder/learn more There's just so much I don't know...
    🐓_insert erudite quote here_🦤
    💗I'm a pink loving, bun wearing, rambling, bird person. Ta cheistanna agam!💗

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I thought, was under that impression, that the capillary schedule is a Brazilian thing? Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that that is where it originated from. It is a particular method to organize your hair care. That is just about all I know.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

The term flower frog is so silly!
    Here is an older picture

The size of the holes are different from frog to frog. The pink one only holds very skinny sticks, but I have another clear one not pictured here that is about the same shape as the pink that has larger holes I keep most of my acrylics in and center one in this picture currently has my Timberstone sticks. I've noticed that the flatter they are the less effective they are at holding hair sticks. I think I got most of mine for under $10 each at antique shops. I expect if you could find some very interesting colors and shapes shopping on the internet. They are also nice for holding pens and pencils.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*