Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many times a year do your shower drains get clogged with your hair?

Default How many times a year do your shower drains get clogged with your hair?

With me I think it's about every 3rd or 4th months. Is that a huge amount? (I'm not quite sure but now I start to mark this to my calendar.) That's how often I must pull a wig out of there to get the water go down. Yes I feel bitter about that... because there's my hair in so many other places also.

Length
    CBL/WL/HL
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

Default Re: How many times a year do your shower drains get clogged with your hair?

I clean the shower drain every time I shower so it doesn't really happen to me.
    Collarbone (12.08.21) | Armpit (16.10.21) | Midback (04.03.22) | Waist (05.08.22) | Hip

Default Re: How many times a year do your shower drains get clogged with your hair?

Yes I do that too... but I don't manage to catch them all, they slip from me. After shower I take the hairs that I can see.
    Last edited by Priska; August 2nd, 2022 at 01:25 PM.

But I don't open the grid every time.

Length
    BSL/ankle/floor
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Have you tried a hair catcher to put over the drain? I have a plastic starfish that does a good job of collecting sheds.

Length
    -/28/30
    Type
    2b/F/ii/iii

I am currently moving & looking for a new hair catch for a tub drain. I can tell my hairs will find a way through the catch that is there, even with brushing before showering and trying to catch any and stick em to the wall. Some always get through if the holes are too big. Id rather clean after each wash than have the drain back up and have to fish out a rat of my own hair down the drain- yuck! I have been reading old threads here for what people use.

I saw the starfish one, but reviews said it get moldy if you leave it in place (i guess the alternative is to remove it to let it dry after each shower, currently looking into the tubshroom
    * 26 in~mid-back * 28 in~waist * 31 in~hip *

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I have a screen that goes over the drain and with two long hairs in the house have never had to clean the pipes. The screen does need to get cleaned after every shower as it is very good at catching lint as well and clogs up.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Usually it doesn't, at least not because of long hair. I comb through when washing hair (as a part of curly routine) and all shed hairs stay on the comb.

I use a dome shaped catcher thing that I put over the plug hole. Even my husband uses it, and he has short hair. It’s easy to clean the hair off after each use.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Never. We do, however, do regular maintenance on the drains though, meaning we use a drain cleaner once to twice a year on it.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)