Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How many times a year do your shower drains get clogged with your hair?

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Default Re: How many times a year do your shower drains get clogged with your hair?

I started using a hard catcher over the shower drain, or a glob would form right underneath. The bathroom vanity sink I also use a trap for. But it still gets clogged a few times a year due to how narrow it is. Three strands of coiled hair are basically all it takes, at least it seems that way.

Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: How many times a year do your shower drains get clogged with your hair?

I rent and the drain we have SUCKS. It's been clogged at least three times since we moved in a year ago. I have long hair and my partner has a dog with fine hair and between the two of us, it gets backed up easily. Due to the structure of the drain, we can't put in a good hair catcher. We have one that goes over the top and it does help, but the drain inevitably gets clogged again at some point.

It's rather irritating, actually.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    What works for my hair

Length
    29"/34/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Ugh. This reminds me that I should deep clean my drain again. I do have a shower drain cover but with the way my drain is, some still slips through and it can get clogged quickly.

Type
    2a/C/iii

My shower drain pipe corroded so that the cover could no longer be screwed on. This inadvertently made removing hairs from the drain after every shower easy.
    Ed
    If there's something strange with your long hair / Who you gonna call? / L-H-C! (sung to the tune of Ghostbusters)

Length
    chin/bcl/tbl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Our tub had an integrated stopper that you pull up and down from the wall beneath the tap but the whole mechanism was recessed beneath the drain-hole, if that makes sense. It didnít seem to work so we used a rubber stopper for baths.

For ages I couldnít figure out why we were having such slow draining; no amount of drain cleaner or snaking seemed to do anything! - and I knew we werenít sending much hair at all down the drain - we use a metal sieve-style hair catch that even holds lint and thick conditioner; next to nothing slips through.

Finally, I unscrewed the wall plate and got in there with a pair of needle nosed pliers and discovered the whole thing had rusted out and it was stuck in a state of perpetual 1/4 open with a dangly chain. I removed the entire assembly (full of other peoples hair, yikes) and we havenít had an issue since. This has been a few years at least.

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./60"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Renting, here expense to fix plumbing clogs caused by the tenant (so tree roots are ok) falls on the tenant - it's very expensive. Paranoid, I use this metal seive

Hair doesn't get through and traps a lot of soap scum. It's emptied every shower, hair is washed with dish soap and added to the the pile. Four years and drain still drains.
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > ???

Length
    APL/APL+/TBD
    Type
    2c/M/ii

You know, I commented on this thread a few days ago about not having to unclog my drain often... and guess what had to happen today. I jinxed myself! It was all of my long hair too, it was like the ghost of my hair past and I couldn't help but laugh
    Last edited by vampyyri; August 7th, 2022 at 04:24 AM.

Lady Scarlette, Traveler of the Road to Dawn in the Order of Long Haired Knights
    Started my journey over on 07/30/22 & learning to love my hair again
    { Finger Combing Challenge }

Length
    CBL/MBL/HIP
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

They don't. We clean them often.
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Quote Originally Posted by lithostoic View Post
    They don't. We clean them often.
    This. Every time, because otherewise ... bruhhhh. Common sense