Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Changing up your routine: new discoveries!

Length
    SL/WL/CL
    Type
    3a/M/C/ii

Default Re: Changing up your routine: new discoveries!

Ah! Very nice thread! I have been consistent for a while now, but just discovered finger combing and detangling. I like it so far! And my hairbrush was getting too rough it seemed.

Length
    4"/45"/50"
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I just started rinsing and conditioning in a braid (simple, French, dutch) and completely submerging my head in a cold water shower. I rinse out the conditioner, and let my hair dry in a braid. It's a game changer for someone with frizz-prone fluffy hair like mine!

Length
    BSL/TBL/TERM
    Type
    1b/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora Angel View Post
    I just started rinsing and conditioning in a braid (simple, French, dutch) and completely submerging my head in a cold water shower. I rinse out the conditioner, and let my hair dry in a braid. It's a game changer for someone with frizz-prone fluffy hair like mine!
    Interesting, did you put on the conditioner first, then braid, and then rinse, or did you braid first, then condition and rinse?
    95cm 1b/C/10cm Fingercomb/Bun-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][My Hair Story][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][LWB Variations]

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora Angel View Post
    Just make sure to do your wash on at least lukewarm, and reserve the "cold rinse" for after all is gone from the hair. Cold water is not the greatest at washing product out of your hair.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    4"/45"/50"
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by tuanyiji View Post
    Interesting, did you put on the conditioner first, then braid, and then rinse, or did you braid first, then condition and rinse?
    I washed and conditioned my hair as normal a couple days prior, then I put it in a dutch braid. I've been taking cold showers lately for its various health benefits! When I was in the shower, I really wanted my head submerged but it was in a dutch braid. I'd heard about conditioning your hair in a braid before, so I thought I'd try it! Basically, with my hair braided, I submerged my head in the shower, then applied conditioner through the braid, and rinsed! My hair and head felt SO refreshed, not having to mess around with it after the shower and it was already done up. Once it was dried and I took out the braid, the waves were so much more defined and had no frizz! I've been experimenting with conditioning between washes, to add extra moisture to my hair! This seems to work well! Try it! ))

Length
    4"/45"/50"
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Just make sure to do your wash on at least lukewarm, and reserve the "cold rinse" for after all is gone from the hair. Cold water is not the greatest at washing product out of your hair.

Yeah, you are absolutely right! I've been taking cold showers lately because I heard of health benefits (they're hard to get used to but feel AMAZING afterwards!) so my whole routine in this situation was cold water - I didn't realize until afterward that I need a bit warmer for the conditioner to actually rinse out! haha!

BTW, I ended up getting some mousse and gel, and I am SO excited to try this new routine. My hair is so unmanageable, but I feel like I just need to find my gold standard for what works for me and I will be set!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Good luck figuring out what works best for you! That is *always* exciting!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    4"/45"/50"
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Good luck figuring out what works best for you! That is *always* exciting!
    Thanks, Lapushka!