Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Starting over

Length
    APL/APL+/TBD
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Default Re: Starting over

Quote Originally Posted by Cg View Post
    Good to see you back, and in better spirits now.

I believe you'll really be glad to have your salon cut. I grew out a pixie until about APL or so and cut everything off blunt. Loved it, kept it blunt and full ever since, never once regretted it. When you start with hair you like to begin with, the growing process can be fun, and you can really enjoy the journey. I do hope that's the case for you, and welcome back!
    You know, that's a really good point. This whole time I've been trying to just "tough it out" and grow it out/trim as I go and I've just been miserable with the constant reminder. It'll be such a relief to start with healthy hair, it'll be the very first time I grow my hair out this way and I'm really excited :3

Quote Originally Posted by rosenester View Post
    Looking forward to following along with your new hair journey!
    Quote Originally Posted by tuanyiji View Post
    Welcome back, wish you all the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful Mystery View Post
    Welcome back and good luck on your hair journey!
    Thank you!! I'm so excited to start this off on the right foot and stop with this whole self defeating outlook

Quote Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
    Hi, I remember you Welcome back! I hope you love your new cut and beginning your journey anew!
    Hey there!! It's really good to see you again, I hope all is well & thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    I remember you - welcome back!

Congrats on the weight loss! I have a similar experience but in much smaller scale; in the autumn of 2019, I lost 10 kg in two months which was also very fast and triggered TE. I donít regret it one bit, though!

Good luck on your regrowth journey.
    Thank you!! It's such a relief knowing that I'm not alone in this experience, you have no idea how much this means to me. It was really worth it in the end for my health, I haven't felt this good in well over a decade :3

Quote Originally Posted by olivetime View Post
    Please post pics of the new cut, too! A fresh start is often what we need to push forward. Excited for you!
    I definitely will, I told my husband to prepare to take the good old back of my head pictures again

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Welcome back! It sounds like you are taking better care of yourself and your hair, and that is wonderful!
    Health is wealth I even had the courage to seek help with treating my anxiety/depression, and I feel like I fully have my life back. This will be a wonderful way to hit the reset button and leave the past behind.

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Get yourself a nice treat at the salon, it will do you good! I am never one to go for that "pamper session" (I hate it LOL) but this time? I think even I would love some TLC. Have fun. Enjoy the trim and hey, show us when it's done?

Welcome back, BTW. Happy to see you back!
    Lapushka, I'm glad to see you I was hoping to see you pop up again!

& of course, I'll be taking pictures after my little pampering session and I'll share them in this thread. Two days to go I'm excited to start off on the right foot for the right reasons.

Lady Scarlette, Traveler of the Road to Dawn in the Order of Long Haired Knights
    Started my journey over on 07/30/22 & learning to love my hair again
    { Finger Combing Challenge }

Length
    CBL/MBL/HIP
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Hey I remember you! A fresh start can be just what you need. I lost a good amount of hair after COVID and I understand your pain. It'll be probably a year before my hair looks "even" again.
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Length
    34"/44"/48"
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Congratulations on all the positive steps you're taking to get back to a better/happier you! Welcome back to the forum and enjoy your pampering session...you've earned it!
    Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Length
    30/30/40
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Welcome back It's great that you've shared your experience here. It warms my heart to see how LHC is such a supportive community. I think you've tapped into something here as well, sometimes it is better to start afresh and enjoy the process of hair care instead of it feeling like a burden. I'm sure your husband won't mind the back of the head pics if it makes you happy

Length
    29"/34/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Welcome back! That sounds like a tough journey. I hope you're doing better now and that you can be happy with your hair again.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by vampyyri View Post
    You know, that's a really good point. This whole time I've been trying to just "tough it out" and grow it out/trim as I go and I've just been miserable with the constant reminder. It'll be such a relief to start with healthy hair, it'll be the very first time I grow my hair out this way and I'm really excited :3

Thank you!! I'm so excited to start this off on the right foot and stop with this whole self defeating outlook

Hey there!! It's really good to see you again, I hope all is well & thank you!

Thank you!! It's such a relief knowing that I'm not alone in this experience, you have no idea how much this means to me. It was really worth it in the end for my health, I haven't felt this good in well over a decade :3

I definitely will, I told my husband to prepare to take the good old back of my head pictures again

Health is wealth I even had the courage to seek help with treating my anxiety/depression, and I feel like I fully have my life back. This will be a wonderful way to hit the reset button and leave the past behind.

Lapushka, I'm glad to see you I was hoping to see you pop up again!

& of course, I'll be taking pictures after my little pampering session and I'll share them in this thread. Two days to go I'm excited to start off on the right foot for the right reasons.
    Nice to see you again too. That pandemic was rough, man!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    APL/APL+/TBD
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lithostoic View Post
    Hey I remember you! A fresh start can be just what you need. I lost a good amount of hair after COVID and I understand your pain. It'll be probably a year before my hair looks "even" again.
    Hey litho good to see you! I'm sorry you're experiencing something similar—it really is the pits =/

Quote Originally Posted by SandyBottom View Post
    Congratulations on all the positive steps you're taking to get back to a better/happier you! Welcome back to the forum and enjoy your pampering session...you've earned it!
    Thank you & will do! I rarely ever do anything for myself, so it'll be a nice change of pace

Quote Originally Posted by Traceylouise226 View Post
    Welcome back It's great that you've shared your experience here. It warms my heart to see how LHC is such a supportive community. I think you've tapped into something here as well, sometimes it is better to start afresh and enjoy the process of hair care instead of it feeling like a burden. I'm sure your husband won't mind the back of the head pics if it makes you happy
    It really is such a warm and welcoming place, I've really missed hanging around here. I'm glad that I'll be starting from a good headspace this time around, it has been grueling getting to this point but at least I finally made it & my husband is just happy that I'm happy, he's such a swell fella :3

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    Welcome back! That sounds like a tough journey. I hope you're doing better now and that you can be happy with your hair again.
    Hey Shorty! Good to see you & thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Nice to see you again too. That pandemic was rough, man!
    for sure, it was a rough time for the entire world. I'd like for less major world events to happen for a little while, I feel like we've all had enough at this point!

Lady Scarlette, Traveler of the Road to Dawn in the Order of Long Haired Knights

Length
    APL/APL+/TBD
    Type
    2c/M/ii

The deed is done! Here's some pictures from directly after the salon visit:

True APL after the stylist put a wave back in my hair after the blowout. She was so incredibly lovely and cut it longer than I asked and only cut more when I gave her the go ahead. What an amazing experience that all was, I feel properly spoiled

It feels so weird and different, but I love it! A fresh start with a fresh cut

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I absolutely *love it*! So pretty and I think it really suits you!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    BSL/Waist/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Beautiful! It looks so good!

BSL - WL - Classic