Thread: Conventional (salon) colour after henna

Length
    16/22/30
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Conventional (salon) colour after henna

Lost my post because Iím using mobile and it said it was missing a security token. Try again.

Iíve been using Itís Pure Organics henna and indigo since 2015, less frequently since 2020.
    I last did my hair in February but Iíve been using Directions in plum and I want to go to a more purple/brown which I canít get with henna.
    do I need to wait for it to grow out/cut it out before I can have a salon colour?
    Iím finding conflicting information about metallic salts. Iím assuming as itís 100% henna/indigo it doesnít contain metallic salts
    thanks

October 2017 to July 2020

Length
    Chin/CLSC+/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: Conventional (salon) colour after henna

The ingredients list looks good. Do you have a good reserve of shed hair built up? Strand testing will be your friend. Part of the equation will be how fast the indigo fades from your hair, since thatís the most likely to give you wacky results if you lighten. That seems to be very individual, judging from the mixed experiences with indigo around here.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Henndigo head, daily wash and go, annual trimmer

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Be very careful if you have indigo on your hair, with color that has developer. If especially you are wanting a lighter color? That 9 out of 10 has a chance to go green. So I would be honest with the stylist and have them strand test on you. Have that consultation with them. Take your time with it!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    16/22/30
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Thanks for the replies. I’m pretty sure the indigo has faded, it never seemed to last very long on my hair. All my grey hairs are coming through now. I don’t want to go lighter, the plum Directions that I used is quite a bit darker than my natural colour.
    I’m booked in for a trim next week so we are going to do a test cutting and skin test

Length
    16/22/30
    Type
    1b/M/ii

We did a test strand and it hasn’t taken. My stylist says she can try a bleach bath to lift the henna.
    Otherwise I think I will have to see how much of my hair still has henna in it and either cut it off or use temporary deposit dyes until it grows out.

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Long4Life View Post
    We did a test strand and it hasn’t taken. My stylist says she can try a bleach bath to lift the henna.
    Otherwise I think I will have to see how much of my hair still has henna in it and either cut it off or use temporary deposit dyes until it grows out.
    A bleach bath won't remove henna, straight up bleach won't remove henna. When I tried bleaching out henna, all it did was turn neon orange.

Length
    16/22/30
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    A bleach bath won't remove henna, straight up bleach won't remove henna. When I tried bleaching out henna, all it did was turn neon orange.
    she did try and it didnít work. She said she could get full bleach but as my hair is fine it might be damaging. Iíve said to leave it. Going to see if I can work out how much growing out I need to do.