Thread: Henna gloss over chemical red/copper dyed hair?

Length
    29,5/29,5/50

Wink Henna gloss over chemical red/copper dyed hair?

Hello, darling!

My hair was bleached blond for 3 years. Now I wanted to switch to my old time favourite color: copper. My natural hair is medium-brown so just applying henna and cassia would only leave me with orange lenghts and dark red roots. So I decided to go with the normal copper dye which lightens my roots quite well. The problem is that my lenghts being blonde, the color washes out very fast.
    I read somewere that you can make a henna gloss, that is not as permanent as just applying henna on hair.
    I was thinking of mixing a bit of henna with cassia and a lot of conditioner and apply it in between my hair dyeing sessions, just to preserve the color more and also condition it.
    My questions for you are:

1. Have you ever applied a henna gloss ontop of chemical dyed hair?
    2. Being just a gloss, could it interact with future dyeing processes? Even if the henna is 100% natural.
    3. Does it really have some color payoff?

Thank you

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Henna gloss over chemical red/copper dyed hair?

Mind you, glosses can be just as permanent as henna, just less "strong" in color, maybe.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    15/24/34
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Default Re: Henna gloss over chemical red/copper dyed hair?

Hi, I have been putting Henna over regular dye for about 15 years. My hair is not as dark as yours, itís a light/medium brown. But I dye my roots with a copper red, and about every 6 months I do henna all over. It keeps my length healthy and I never ever have to pull the chemical dye through to the length. Just make sure that your Henna is body art quality, so that itís pure henna and nothing else. You should have no problems.