Thread: Future henna head!

Length
    1/2/1 1/2/30
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Default Future henna head!

Hello! Excited to start over away from salon treatments and explore the world of henna! Iíve lurked for a while and have ordered a black hair kit from ancient sunrise after doing some research on this forum!

Default Re: Future henna head!

Hello and welcome to the forum

Length
    1/2/1 1/2/30
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Just an update: I actually cancelled my order for henna. I found a salon in my area that specializes in NATURAL long hair (shocking) and Iíd like to have a consultation with them before I make any long term decisions! Sorry for the confusion! But my goal is very much to have more insight into the growing out process and to see all of my options!

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Howdy, nice to meet you! If you decide to go the henna route, I've been wearing it for almost my entire life and there are lots of other folks on here who have experience with hendigo, cassia, and other mixes.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Welcome! You do not have to do henna, you can just leave your hair natural. Plenty of us do it and it's always better than coloring it with whatever you decide to color with. Yes, they "say" henna is good, but my experience with it was not so good, my hair got really porous from it. So my experience was not a really good one. I enjoyed it when I was 20, but I am about to turn 50, and all the whites in my hair and henna? Not a good idea!

Just do your research first, even before rushing into an appointment. Research, research, research! Can't stress that enough!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    34"/44"/48"
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Hi, welcome!
    Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Length
    1/2/1 1/2/30
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Welcome! You do not have to do henna, you can just leave your hair natural. Plenty of us do it and it's always better than coloring it with whatever you decide to color with. Yes, they "say" henna is good, but my experience with it was not so good, my hair got really porous from it. So my experience was not a really good one. I enjoyed it when I was 20, but I am about to turn 50, and all the whites in my hair and henna? Not a good idea!

Just do your research first, even before rushing into an appointment. Research, research, research! Can't stress that enough!
    Yes, after looking into it a bit more I changed my mind completely! I think just leaving my hair natural and graying gradually as I get older sounds much more appealing.