Thread: Hello hello!

Length
    23.7"/28"/34"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default Hello hello!

Well hi there...

I've decided to finally start mindfully growing my hair...and somehow found myself here! I've had many lengths of hair over the years, but never really beyond the bottom of my shoulder blades. I'm fairly sure that's not my terminal length, as I have fine hair, and far too many floofy baby hairs everywhere. (breakage...sigh. I feel like I shed like a wookiee.) I'm a 1B/C, F, i/ii and low porosity. Up until very, very recently, I haven't been particularly kind to my hair, it's suffered through a recent obsession with one of those dryer brush combo things. While I LOVED the way my hair looked when I used it, it didn't take too long before I started to notice how much breakage it caused. It's also dyed, and before that was henna'd. If I had to estimate, I've probably got a good 6 inches of growth past henna, but it's hard to tell because I dye my hair red. I'm also newly addicted to hair sticks.

So what I'm doing now...I shampoo every 3-4 days with a tea tree thickening shampoo & conditioner, and once in awhile I use a clarifying shampoo followed by a strengthening mask because my area is notorious for hard water. I oil my hair maybe once every few weeks with a mix of amla, castor, neem, argan, rosemary and peppermint oils. It's prone to greasiness, so I don't oil more frequently. I also use a rosemary spray when I can remember first thing in the morning (rosemary steeped in water) which seems to have helped keep my hair soft. I generally avoid heat and products 6 days out of the week (I'm still weak on karaoke night!). Despite the breakage, the hair itself is still quite shiny and soft, which surprises me because I work outdoors in literally all weather. I'd dearly love to get to waist length, I'm currently just shy of 24" trying to get to 34" or so.

Hobbies...Well, I collect them, everything from drawing to knitting, to costuming, you name it it's in my craft closet. I like to joke that I collect hobbies and dust. I also like video games, singing, and am a complete nut for Halloween. Uh...that's about all I can think of off the top of my head to say, aside from I'm shy and prone to rambling if I get to talking, and I'm super excited to really start my hair growth journey with you all!

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Re: Hello hello!

Welcome to the forum!
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Howdy, nice to meet you!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Welcome here
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Welcome, collecting hobbies is such a fun expression, and I’m almost the same with my various DIY projects, well admit it, I’m a hoarder. Right now I’m in a stick frenzy too and I even plan to make stick accessories myself with beads and flowers.
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Welcome!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Welcome!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)