Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hello From China, recovering from severe hair loss

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: Hello From China, recovering from severe hair loss

Howdy, nice to meet you! I'm sorry to hear of all the trouble your family has been through. My girlfriend has been a full-time caretaker for her grandparents for years and in March her grandfather was diagnosed with cancer. It is not just the patient who suffers, but the whole family and many friends, too. I'm so glad to hear that your father is in remission and that you are in a more restful, less stressful situation now <3

Length
    34"/44"/48"
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Welcome, Tuan! Thank you for sharing your personal story with us. I hope the improvement in health continues. You and your family have been down a tough road, but you sound very upbeat and ready to move forward. Glad to have you join us!
    Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./60"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Ni hao! Sorry to hear of your hair loss. Somewhere I read "100 strands per day is normal", and, at 20K over 6 months, you do appear "normal". Of course, it's BS. Someday I'll drive a stake thru its heart. Anyway, welcome aboard!
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > ???

Length
    BSL/TBL/TERM
    Type
    1b/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by shelomit View Post
    Howdy, nice to meet you! I'm sorry to hear of all the trouble your family has been through. My girlfriend has been a full-time caretaker for her grandparents for years and in March her grandfather was diagnosed with cancer. It is not just the patient who suffers, but the whole family and many friends, too. I'm so glad to hear that your father is in remission and that you are in a more restful, less stressful situation now <3
    Yes, the whole family suffers when a member got seriously ill, but I was the only one who was available to be a caretaker during COVID, hospitalization is very strict and you can't change the shift or step a foot outside the hospital, it's in constant lockdown there. Being less stressful is definitely helpful for hair growth.

Length
    BSL/TBL/TERM
    Type
    1b/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by SandyBottom View Post
    Welcome, Tuan! Thank you for sharing your personal story with us. I hope the improvement in health continues. You and your family have been down a tough road, but you sound very upbeat and ready to move forward. Glad to have you join us!
    Thank you, it's so nice to be here with so many likeminded people who don't think keeping super long hair is weird lol.

Length
    BSL/TBL/TERM
    Type
    1b/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    Ni hao! Sorry to hear of your hair loss. Somewhere I read "100 strands per day is normal", and, at 20K over 6 months, you do appear "normal". Of course, it's BS. Someday I'll drive a stake thru its heart. Anyway, welcome aboard!
    Of course, each individual is different. Before my dad's diagnosis, I lost less than 30 hairs a day, sometimes less than 10 for my second-day hair, but during the hospitalization, I might lose 300-500 hairs after a wash, chunks of strand just slipped through my fingers as I wept in the bathroom. The sink was full of hair that it looked like a scene from a horror movie. It was a very hard time. I even made a video about it. Nowadays I lose about 50 hairs a day if I comb my hair out seriously and when I finger comb it, there's barely any shed so I'm very happy right now.

Length
    BSL/ankle/floor
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Welcome to LHC! Glad you and your family are healing after this ordeal

That shed plait is perfect! I managed to make one before but definitely not as impressive

Length
    BSL/TBL/TERM
    Type
    1b/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
    Welcome to LHC! Glad you and your family are healing after this ordeal

That shed plait is perfect! I managed to make one before but definitely not as impressive
    Thank you, I only used hair between 30-60cm, so the braid shed is not so obvious in the top and middle, it has a sleek look because I also applied oil to it, I baby my hair, whether it’s still attacked to my scalp or not lol.

Length
    BSL/TBL/TERM
    Type
    1b/C/ii/iii

*attached, what a silly typo and I can’t edit yet lol

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Welcome! What a story. I'm so glad your father is getting better again, you must have been exhausted from taking care for him so much. I hope you have as much time to take care of yourself as you need because you deserve that.