Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where has your long hair gotten caught into ?

Length
    chin/BSL/Floor
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Where has your long hair gotten caught into ?

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    I hate having hair in my face and it's always been more practical to have it tied up somehow, but recently I've not been wearing my satin bonnet because I haven't got round to washing it and my sleep bun falls out, so when I sit in bed before getting up my hair is down, and I can see why people like having theirs down! It actually feels really nice (though only if I'm not having to do something where it gets in the way - I put it up when I get out of bed, so it is still bunned >99% of the times).

Long before LHC I used to wear my hair in a ponytail, plait, half-up (only ever fully down on special occasions) and then later buns once I discovered fabric flower hairties to make the bun look pretty. Boy have I had my hair stuck in some things, despite being somewhat contained … lemme see if I can find where I last posted about this …

Ah, here https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...=1#post3875699
    Both of these threads were very fun to read! Love it

Length
    SL/HL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/ii

When my hair was hip length, sometimes it would wrap around my arms and get stuck like an aggressive arm cuff.
    Find me at the beach or springs wishing I was a mermaid
    SL- MBL - WL - HL - TBL - CLASSIC - FTP - KNEE

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

My glasses are my great menace--not because my hair gets stuck in them, but because they tend to fall off the headboard. I can't see worth a darn without them, so I have to go trundling around on hands and knees to feel for them under the bedframe. And I can't see my hair to avoid it until the glasses are recovered, so I often wind up kneeling on my braid or getting tangled up in my hair if I slept with it loose. I'd bet this happens twice in an average month ; P

Length
    0.5"/27"/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I usually find these things so odd, because why not put your hair up and out of the way? I don't get this one bit. Sorry.
    I see where you're coming from there, now that my hair gets stuck in more things I certainly wear it out of the way more often!

Not all the time though as it looks nice when it's down, I get headaches if it's up all the time, and grew it out so I could enjoy the length which to me means wearing it down sometimes

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Arm pits and zips at the front of tops.

It's been a while since my hair has been caught in my arm pits though. Usually it happens when I'm dancing... but haven't danced with hair down for a while.

In zips is very recent. I've been wearing my hair in a side braid. I foolishly thought there was no way I would be so inattentive to my hair that it would get caught in that zip... it's happened more than once now. I cringe every time.
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

Length
    22APL/34HL/43CLS
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

My glasses, mostly. Recently, my ends got caught as I zipped up my purse (wallet) at elbow height!
    <a href=https://i.imgur.com/ofd4S3m.jpg target=_blank>https://i.imgur.com/ofd4S3m.jpg</a>

Length
    CBL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie View Post
    Arm pits and zips at the front of tops.

It's been a while since my hair has been caught in my arm pits though. Usually it happens when I'm dancing... but haven't danced with hair down for a while.

In zips is very recent. I've been wearing my hair in a side braid. I foolishly thought there was no way I would be so inattentive to my hair that it would get caught in that zip... it's happened more than once now. I cringe every time.
    Same here! Many, many times for me by now.

Length
    Hip/CL+/Lazy
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I tried to blow dry with a round brush once - one of those with metal bristles with glass bead tips that I was meant to use for my fringe, but my teenage self decided to use it on my hip length hair.

NEVER AGAIN!

I had to extricate it strand by strand and cut off what I couldn’t untangle.
    Letting my hair do whatever it wants to do!

Length
    Pixie/CBL/MTL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

This is more a story about what got stuck IN my hair rather than where my hair got stuck, but long ago when I had mid back length or waist length hair, I was sitting in the backseat of a car. The driver was smoking and flicked the butt out the window. But it flew back into my window and lodged in my hair. It took a minute for me to realize where the burning smell was coming from It burned off a chunk of my hair. I thought it was funny at the time, but if it happened to me today now that I'm actually taking care of my hair and trying to grow it, I think I might murder someone.

Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

I started keeping scrunchies and other various coverings on my bedframe posts because apparently the decorative bits are kin to the metal in those school chairs that always like to grab a few strands in the most painful manner!