Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where has your long hair gotten caught into ?

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default Re: Where has your long hair gotten caught into ?

Quote Originally Posted by SandyBottom View Post
    Ugh...so many places! Zippers, car door, door strike plates, it's been stepped on by others. The worst was when it got wrapped up in the beater bar of a RUNNING vacuum. It's a wonder I have any hair left.
    That sounds painful.

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Earlier I was crawling across my bed to get to my computer (this room is quite cramped, especially with a mastiff taking up half the floor space!) I crawled right onto my own hair That's what I get for having it down.

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Account Closed by Member Request
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ExpectoPatronum View Post
    One time my hair got caught on a bottle in the fridge door, and when I went to bend down my hair took the bottle with it and it fell to the floor. Bottle broke, vegan Worcestershire sauce went everywhere.
    This sound like the sort of thing that might happen to me.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

It was fun reading all the replies so far ladies ; it suddenly made me remember that once several strands got caught in my epilator, that did cause some damage. How could I have forgottent that??? lol

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Door handles, mostly, and I have accidentally stepped on it, which is painful. I try to wear it up, or up and covered, for this very reason, my length is impractical to wear loose.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I usually find these things so odd, because why not put your hair up and out of the way? I don't get this one bit. Sorry.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    34"/44"/48"
    Type
    2c/F/ii

For me it was years before hearing about protective styles or learning the error of my youthful ways. I used to wear it loose or in a ponytail most of the time, braided at the beach. These days? I almost never do either of those and can't think of anywhere it's gotten into trouble lately (other than a brush).

ps--I just remembered how back in those destructive days it used to swing into the hot oven when I would bend to remove cookies or whatever! Yikes!
    Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I usually find these things so odd, because why not put your hair up and out of the way? I don't get this one bit. Sorry.
    I hate having hair in my face and it's always been more practical to have it tied up somehow, but recently I've not been wearing my satin bonnet because I haven't got round to washing it and my sleep bun falls out, so when I sit in bed before getting up my hair is down, and I can see why people like having theirs down! It actually feels really nice (though only if I'm not having to do something where it gets in the way - I put it up when I get out of bed, so it is still bunned >99% of the times).

Long before LHC I used to wear my hair in a ponytail, plait, half-up (only ever fully down on special occasions) and then later buns once I discovered fabric flower hairties to make the bun look pretty. Boy have I had my hair stuck in some things, despite being somewhat contained lemme see if I can find where I last posted about this

Ah, here https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...=1#post3875699
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    ChinL/MBL+/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I remember as a kid when I had extremely long thick waist length hair(pig-tales) it had gotten caught into a lady's hand, and she grabbed it and said, "Give me some of that hair." and I just laughed.
    Last edited by Dark40; June 11th, 2022 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Forgot to add a word.
    (Chin length) (Shoulder Length) (Bra Strap Length) (Mid Back Length) (Waist Length) (Hip Length) (Tail Bone Length) (Classic Length) (Mid Thigh Length) (Knee Length) (Calf Length) (Ankle Length) (Floor Length)

Length
    Short/MBL/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by SandyBottom View Post
    Ugh...so many places! Zippers, car door, door strike plates, it's been stepped on by others. The worst was when it got wrapped up in the beater bar of a RUNNING vacuum. It's a wonder I have any hair left.
    The vacuum sounds painful!

I had mine wrap around the wheels of a creeper (wheeled platform for being under cars), and I thought that was bad enough. That was when i realized i had reached a point in my hair growth to stop using pony tails so much

I still like having my hair down more than up, still.