Thread: Replying to a particular comment/ individual WITHIN a thread

Account Closed by Member Request
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Question Replying to a particular comment/ individual WITHIN a thread

I am trying to find out if is possible to do something and is so how as exploring by myself has not been helpful so far.

As an example of what I mean:

In the Tailbone to Classic length thread I tried to reply to a particular individual's comment rather than the thread itself but it went back to the last page as a general reply; anyone reading it of course will make no heads no tails of my response🤣🤣🤣
    If it is not possible to reply to an individual comment within the thread then....absolutely fine, but if it is possible Can anyone enlighten me please???

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Replying to a particular comment/ individual WITHIN a thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gia11 View Post
    I am trying to find out if is possible to do something and is so how as exploring by myself has not been helpful so far.

As an example of what I mean:

In the Tailbone to Classic length thread I tried to reply to a particular individual's comment rather than the thread itself but it went back to the last page as a general reply; anyone reading it of course will make no heads no tails of my response������
    If it is not possible to reply to an individual comment within the thread then....absolutely fine, but if it is possible Can anyone enlighten me please???
    You want the “reply with quote” option at the bottom right of the post you are replying to.

Check out the FAQs for more info on how to use the site. https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...q_vb3_replying

The link is under the forum tab if you ever need to find it again.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Look at the bottom right part of the post you want to comment on. There should be a button that says "Reply with quote." Click that, and the comment box will automatically generate a quotation box enclosing the original comment (which you can then edit down if you only want to mention a smaller portion of it). Your new comment will still go to the end of the thread, but because of the quote contained within it, it will be clear whose earlier comment you were referencing.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Got it, Thanks.