Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Default Re: Dandelions for hair?

Not gonna lie I clicked this thinking it was about extreme Frizz

But also my mother drinks dandelion tea and it tastes a lot like coffee

Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Mmmm dandelions. The whole plant is edible/usable. I haven't used it for my hair but I drink infusions weekly.

Dandelion root as tea does indeed have a coffee like flavour!

Yes, I know you can make the roots into a coffee, so it's stimulating... Maybe help with growth? Although I am not sure about the flower part.
    They are healthy though, I know you can make them into salves and things that are anti-inflammatory.
    My idea was to let my kid go crazy picking them, get her tired while I do nothing (parenting 101), then take the heads off the flowers, wash and infuse them. Which would at the very least be a pretty neat science activity.
    The worst case scenario is that it does nothing, in which I will still have had a fun experience. Unless you have hay fever!

Going to be doing more research on which vitamins/minerals they possess. If anyone knows, please let me know!

Have you guys ever heard of Wild Chamomile/Pineapple weed? I know people do tea rinses with Chamomile, and I harvest a lot of these for teas during the summer. I wonder if it would have the same effect as "real" Chamomile.

Here I go again, sorry. Apparently stinging nettle is amazing for fighting dandruff.

Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I use nettle often. Drinking it daily and making an infusion to rinse my hair from time to time.

Good Dandelion/Parenting plan @GothicCanadian

Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

From "Medicinal Herbs of Easter Canada"...

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I used to experiment quite a bit when I first got here. It can get overwhelming if you let it, so... please calm down a bit. Just sayin', it's not good for the hair either to get "jerked" from one experiment to the next.

I think it's somewhere in the guidelines here (if you read the stickies already) to only change 1 thing in your hair care at a time, and use that same said item for a prolonged time to see what it does for / brings to the hair. This way you can see what it truly does for you, or not. Whether it is a useful item, or is going to be.

Don't go from one thing to the next as it can potentially (not a given) mess up the hair quite badly.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Good advice, it is true, not too much at once. I could make one giant infusion mix and do it at one time but that's cheating... it is all just so exciting.

Also thanks for tge reference page, I love herbal books, I might have to add that to my collection!

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I love to eat dandelions (though I don't think they do anything much to either help or hurt my hair). We typically start to harvest a few leaves off of each plant as soon as they pop up in the spring (good raw or cooked), make the blossoms into wine once they appear, and then mark the spots with lots of dandelions so we can go digging for roots in the fall. I usually just dry the roots before making them into tea, but some people prefer to roast and grind them like chicory.