Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Venezuela! :D

Length
    BSL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Hello from Venezuela! :D

Welcome Cinderfire!

It can be a daunting task learning how to healthily manage your hair. Although I am not AMAB, I resonate with the whole not knowing how to take care of your hair thing. I was in sports for my entire teenage years, and it incurred a lot of damage because I didn't know what protective hairstyles were, was too aggressive with my hair and over washed it. At the time I viewed taking extra time for haircare as being impractical and irrational. It can take a while to make the switch, but we are here to learn from each other

I'm sorry you cannot grow your hair at the moment to express your gender identity. That's gotta be rough I hope that you can get back to the Netherlands soon so you can be yourself without persecution. For me, growing my hair long and learning how to be gentle with it has helped me feel more feminine. I know not everyone here feels the same way, but it's been a lovely for me in that way. Best of luck on your hair journey!

Length
    BSL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Welcome Cinderfire!

It can be a daunting task learning how to healthily manage your hair. Although I am not AMAB, I resonate with the whole not knowing how to take care of your hair thing. I was in sports for my entire teenage years, and it incurred a lot of damage because I didn't know what protective hairstyles were, was too aggressive with my hair and over washed it. At the time I viewed taking extra time for haircare as being impractical and irrational. It can take a while to make the switch, but we are here to learn from each other

I'm sorry you cannot grow your hair at the moment to express your gender identity. That's gotta be rough I hope that you can get back to the Netherlands soon so you can be yourself without persecution. For me, growing my hair long and learning how to be gentle with it has helped me feel more feminine. I know not everyone here feels the same way, but it's been a lovely for me in that way. Best of luck on your hair journey!

Guatire, Venezuela / Arnhem, the Netherlands
    Length
    Buzz/Buzz/MBL
    Type
    3a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by WitchoftheWood View Post
    Welcome Cinderfire!

Hey there! First of all thank you for your lengthy response; the time put into it means a lot to me <3 I see you're also new to the forum? If so, welcome as well, then!

The prospect of having to learn about my hair is certainly daunting, but in a way also exciting? I really want to learn how to take care of it, even if theoretically, so I can better go about loving myself that way once I'm back home I've also seen taking care of my hair as pointless for the longest time, and now I'm like. Whoops. Maybe I should've paid a little bit more attention to it? Apparently I have curly hair and I never knew; I had to find out via a hairdresser friend of fiancée at the ripe age of ~28-29 and I still have no idea what that means with regards to caring for it :'D But you're right that we're all here to learn from each other <3

It is rough, but it is what it is. At the very least I can try to learn some stuff theoretically,, until I properly know my hair and can ask for more specific advice. Who knows, maybe a hairdresser here can still let me know what kind of hair I have and then I can ask more pointed questions here anyway! And yeah, maybe just caring for my hair helps me already, even if I can't properly let it grow. That, or I can use the excuse of, I'm going to a cold country, longer hair will help keep me warm > Who knows. And hey, likewise best of luck! I'll go look for your thread and leave a comment on there, too!

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

I am a late but would like to welcome you!