Thread: Ayurvedic herbs help

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Ayurvedic herbs help

Hi I want to know does ayurvedic herb cause protein overload. I m washing my hair once a week from different herbs like (Amla, reetha,shikakai,Brahmi,hibiscus) since few months. Biweekly I oil my hair with henna infused oil.
    I have low porosity wavy waist length hair.
    I want to know if Ayurvedic herbs are good for low porosity hair or am I damaging my hair
    Now I am seeing small pieces like 1 to 2 inch broken pieces some time on my phone screen or where I m sitting without even touching my hair.i mostly finger detangle my hair.
    Don't know if I m making myself clear or not. need help

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: Ayurvedic herbs help

I can't speak to the other herbs, but while henna does not actually include protein, it does have a lot of the same effects on the hair as protein. You might want to back off the henna-infused oil for a while and see if that makes a difference in the "stiffness" of your hair.

Ayurvedic herbs can be drying. Try incorporating a moisturizing DC at least once a month.

Length
    10/28/42
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

You might also try adding acv to the liquid you mix with your powders. It will help to balance the ph of the herbs and make it more agreeable to your hair as well as being conditioning on its own. I agree with shelome about the henna oil (henna is great for the hair but is drying especially with frequent use) and with wantmore about the deep conditioning.
    I know for me personally, my hair care seems to be more of an interpretive dance rather than a science. My hair is moody, particular and ever-changing so I deal with a lot of the same issues that you listed.