Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: About to put Light Mountain over my henna

Length
    Waist/3 ft./6ft.
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: About to put Light Mountain over my henna

Thanks for replying. The strand test went fine. It was what I expected. I don't think I can really find out in advance if I can do what I've got in mind. I'd like to be light brown near my face, while keeping my brighter red lengths. Light reddish brown transitioning to brighter red gold(cassia). I'm in the mid- thigh doldrums; can stretch longest strands to knee when wet.
    I'm thinking the worst that can happen is a too even brown on my whole head. I like the color fine, I just really like the nuances I get from just henna and conditioning herbs. I guess I'm saying I can live with my whole head looking like my strand test; but I'm gonna try doing mostly the virgin roots and leaving the lengths alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Derelict View Post
    Thanks for replying. The strand test went fine. It was what I expected. I don't think I can really find out in advance if I can do what I've got in mind. I'd like to be light brown near my face, while keeping my brighter red lengths. Light reddish brown transitioning to brighter red gold(cassia). I'm in the mid- thigh doldrums; can stretch longest strands to knee when wet.
    I'm thinking the worst that can happen is a too even brown on my whole head. I like the color fine, I just really like the nuances I get from just henna and conditioning herbs. I guess I'm saying I can live with my whole head looking like my strand test; but I'm gonna try doing mostly the virgin roots and leaving the lengths alone.
    I know what you mean Would cassia alone be worth a try, or it’s just the tiniest bit of henna with it, to make a strawberry blonde? I don’t know your natural colour though and that might not show.

I stopped using henna when some parts around my hairline stopped taking the colour very well. They were going dull orange instead of the lovely fiery henna colour.

As far as a kind of henna ombré goes, I think that’ll work fine I’ve been through that as I’ve been growing henna out and people usually think I’ve intentionally dyed the ends red.

Length
    Waist/3 ft./6ft.
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    I know what you mean Would cassia alone be worth a try, or it’s just the tiniest bit of henna with it, to make a strawberry blonde? I don’t know your natural colour though and that might not show.

I stopped using henna when some parts around my hairline stopped taking the colour very well. They were going dull orange instead of the lovely fiery henna colour.

As far as a kind of henna ombré goes, I think that’ll work fine I’ve been through that as I’ve been growing henna out and people usually think I’ve intentionally dyed the ends red.
    That's reassuring! I figured as much, and I will certainly let the forum know how it turns out.
    I'm trying to mUTE the ORANGE so close to my face, but I need grey coverage for sure. I'm also trying to keep the variably- toned, more natural look of henna coloring. I also want to avoid having to do a two- step, cause I'm lazy!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

That's reassuring! I figured as much, and I will certainly let the forum know how it turns out.
    I'm trying to mUTE the ORANGE so close to my face, but I need grey coverage for sure. I'm also trying to keep the variably- toned, more natural look of henna coloring. I also want to avoid having to do a two- step, cause I'm lazy!
    I also always used boxed henna for brown tints. Call me lazy too. I just didn't have it in me to two-step. LOL!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Waist/3 ft./6ft.
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

I actually DID THIS about 3 days ago! I am going to post pics soon as I figure out how to! I am quite happy with my results, and intend to continue using the Light Mountain to do roots, going forward.

Length
    Waist/3 ft./6ft.
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

This is embarrassing! I love the way folks on LHC share info and how helpful that is, and I can't figure out how to post these pictures to save my life...I WILL continue to try.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

This is embarrassing! I love the way folks on LHC share info and how helpful that is, and I can't figure out how to post these pictures to save my life...I WILL continue to try.
    If you have a hosting site for your pictures, it should be pretty straightforward. You just grab (copy) the BBCode next to the uploaded picture, and paste it straight away into a message here; that's it!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Waist/3 ft./6ft.
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

This is just embarrassing...I have now done ROOTS, and still can't figure out how to get those pics up...
    I'm happy with my outcome. I like the Light Mountain, but I'm already thinking to mix my own. Just gotta get comfortable with the indigo...

Crotchety Pastry GrowlingCupcake's Avatar
    Length
    15/21.5/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

This is just embarrassing...I have now done ROOTS, and still can't figure out how to get those pics up...
    I'm happy with my outcome. I like the Light Mountain, but I'm already thinking to mix my own. Just gotta get comfortable with the indigo...
    Do you use any image hosting sites? Imgur is a common one, and one that I use. You don't need an account, I believe, but I don't know if you can easily delete or hide photos without making an account.
    Big chop - 18th August 2021
    SL/15 - CLB/17 - APL/21 - MBL/26 - WL/30 - HL/32 - BCL/36 - TBL/40 - CL/45
    Measuring unstretched because flexibility is dumb.

Length
    Waist/3 ft./6ft.
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Lapushka offered much the same advice. Alas, I'm Damn near computer illiterate(old).I don't really know what a hosting site is, much less HAVE one! Lol