Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is your goal length one you've met before? Share your story/old photos!

Length
    Ear/MBL/Class
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Is your goal length one you've met before? Share your story/old photos!

Hi friends! I'm very curious if anyone else is currently working toward a goal length that, at one point, they have already had. Personally, my goal is to get back to the longest my hair ever was, which was a bit below hip length. I don't have many good pics from that time because I didn't know how to care for my wavy hair, so enjoy these (slightly cringe) shots which were the best I could find, lol.

I hope to be able to get back to this length, but much healthier. These ends went through a lot, and they were... pretty crispy. After some really intense hairfall due to stress/poor health in college, I ended up chopping it all to ear length so I could start fresh!

I wanted to start this thread because I find these pics so inspirational--on those days when I feel like I'll never be able to grow my hair as long as I want it, they are the hard evidence that I have done it before, when I was less healthy and had some really bad hair care habits. Anybody else feel this way? Even if you don't have pics, share your story! We can do this!

Default Re: Is your goal length one you've met before? Share your story/old photos!

Your hair was very pretty even if it was crispy

I’m growing mine longer than it’s been before, venturing into the unknown. I can’t remember exactly how long my hair got to in the past, I didn’t pay attention to body markers particularly. I think it was around MBL but how long, exactly, who knows.

My hair isn’t very thick and I’ve had some bad sheds over the last couple of years, and that could have an impact on how long I’ll grow. We’ll see. I sometimes think it would be easier if I was growing back to a length I had before because I would know how it looked, whether it suited me, and whether I was happy with the thickness of the ends. Then again things change all the time and the health of the hair, whether or not it’s dyed, age, stress, diet, lifestyle etc all play a part and what went before might not be replicated the next time.

Length
    chin/22/Floor
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Is your goal length one you've met before? Share your story/old photos!

I couldn't find my waist length hair pictures but that's my initial goal length. The ends got pretty thin and crispy cause I wasn't taking very good care of my hair. Washing every day and ripping a brush through it when wet really did a number on it at the time.

Length
    Ear/MBL/Class
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    Your hair was very pretty even if it was crispy

Iím growing mine longer than itís been before, venturing into the unknown. I canít remember exactly how long my hair got to in the past, I didnít pay attention to body markers particularly. I think it was around MBL but how long, exactly, who knows.

My hair isnít very thick and Iíve had some bad sheds over the last couple of years, and that could have an impact on how long Iíll grow. Weíll see. I sometimes think it would be easier if I was growing back to a length I had before because I would know how it looked, whether it suited me, and whether I was happy with the thickness of the ends. Then again things change all the time and the health of the hair, whether or not itís dyed, age, stress, diet, lifestyle etc all play a part and what went before might not be replicated the next time.
    Thank you! The unknown can definitely be frustrating, but at least if you reach do your goal length and you realize you preferred it shorter, getting it cut is easy--it's the growing that takes a while. It's true too that even growing back to a length you've had before comes with no guarantees. My hair now is a totally different animal from the last time it was this length because of a whole host of factors, so I really don't know what to expect from longer lengths.

Quote Originally Posted by ArienEllariel View Post
    I couldn't find my waist length hair pictures but that's my initial goal length. The ends got pretty thin and crispy cause I wasn't taking very good care of my hair. Washing every day and ripping a brush through it when wet really did a number on it at the time.
    Sometimes I spontaneously remember the sound/feeling of violently brushing my wet hair with one of those plastic nubby-ended brushes and physically shudder. Why did so many of us do this? Who taught us it was a good idea??

Length
    19/31/50
    Type
    3b/M/i/ii

I don’t have a specific goal in mind, except that I want it longer than it is now. The longest I’ve ever had it was around waist, but with straggly ends. I’m hoping to surpass that length within the next few years with healthier hair.
    Last edited by cinamio; February 15th, 2022 at 08:09 PM.
    (CL) (SL) (BSL) (MBL) (WL) (HL) (TBL) (CLSL) (MTL)

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I have reached my goal length, for a while now. But only actually got back to classic in my 40s, when I had classic as a young teen (age 10/11). So there is a 30 year gap in between both.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Yep I reached mine a few years ago then cut a lot off. Been medium-long ever since, wanna go back to hip.
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Length
    13/38/43
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

The longest my hair has been is somewhere around hip, but I didn't measure or pay attention to body markers back then. I don't feel like I'm quite back to my longest yet, but very soon. My hair is definitely way healthier and my ends are thicker this time around. Back then I had no clue about hair care. I would squeeze shampoo directly onto my scalp from the bottle, shampoo my lengths, and rip a brush through my hair. I also wore it down 90% of the time and slept with it loose. I had to spend 30 minutes detangling every morning!

I'm very excited to be growing longer than before, it's like a new adventure!

Length
    Ear/MBL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/iii

I've never met it before, no. The closest I've ever got is mid-back length, and I think I'm just beginning to set a new record now.
    Growing out a pixie since autumn 2019. Blunt cut to ear length on 01 Jan 2020. Shoulder length in Jan 2021. MBL in Jan 2022.Waist length in Sept 2022 (first goal!); hip length (est. May 2023); tailbone length (est. Dec 2023) (current UG).

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I’m not sure, at this point! When I was in elementary school, I had hair down to my knees. However, I was a much shorter person, so I’m not sure at what body marker the actual length will correspond to what knee was back then. And I haven’t hit knee as an adult (yet!).
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer