Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is your goal length one you've met before? Share your story/old photos!

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Default Re: Is your goal length one you've met before? Share your story/old photos!

When I started growing my hair out from BSL, the longest my hair had ever been was waist, which I had briefly at age 11. I reached it again at 15, and it's been downward on to unknown lengths ever since.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Ankle/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Is your goal length one you've met before? Share your story/old photos!

Not really. My hair was ~hip-tbl after growing it out as a child, all through my teens and early twenties. So every goal and fantasy wish since finding LHC has been unknown territory. My ultimate goal though now, is to grow to floor and chop back to calf for a better hemline (calf being where I was for the year and a half before ankle) so maybe technically 'partly yes' to the question?
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

My original goal length was a length I'd reached before, even though I hadn't realized it until I'd changed it to FTL. Waist-ish was the longest I'd ever had until I went past it in 2019, and every centimeter I get now is the longest it's ever been

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Ear/MBL/Class
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I really appreciate y'all's stories! I kind of forgot I started this thread, lol, sorry about that.

I think it's so interesting how different my hair growth journey has been this time around, with more consciousness of my health and good hair care.

I stumbled upon a pic today of my hair from the back the last time it hit waist length, which is my next milestone. I was stunned by how thick the ends look! It's the first time I've been able to put together visual proof that I did indeed have a really bad shed in 2015. I have one picture in May 2014 with waist length hair and nice thick ends, and another picture in November 2015 in which I was barely grazing hip (only about a three inch difference between those two for me) with super thin, sad ends. I'm pretty sure I only trimmed maybe once in that entire span of time, so there was definitely a true slowdown in growth in addition to the hair loss, as my normal growth rate is six inches a year.

Length
    BSL/CL/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I never had Classic length hair or something similar. However, when I first decided to actively grow my hair (late 2018 ) my goal was WL, and I already had that length before, several times. In summer 2018 I had blue hair, WL, but the ends where very damaged. So I cut it to BSL (on me the two milestones are 6 inches far from each other) and I loved the cut. After some months I died my hair black, and I hated how it looked at MBL and black and I let it grow again. But by the time I reached WL again (summer 2019) I deceided I wanted virgin & super long hair so here I am.
    Classic length
    43 inches/109 cm

Length
    10/37/70+
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

Some pics of me with long hair as a kid

Length
    Ear/MBL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/iii

The longest I've ever been prior to this was MBL when I was 14, which is where I'm currently back at now. My first goal is waist, so I've never reached it before.
    Growing out a pixie since autumn 2019. Blunt cut to ear length on 01 Jan 2020. Shoulder length in Jan 2021. MBL in Jan 2022.Waist length in Sept 2022 (first goal!); hip length (est. May 2023); tailbone length (est. Dec 2023) (current UG).

Length
    SL/CL/FTL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

No. By the time I became an active user here I was in all new territory with a goal to grow to classic. My current goal is fingertip-knee. I'm not sure how I'll feel about hair growing out of my reach but so far longer hair has been much easier for me to manage. I think I'll grow until I hate it and then cut it back to whatever I liked best. Right now classic is my favorite.

SL ~ APL ~ BSL ~ WL ~ HL~ BCL ~ TBL ~ CL ~ FTL ~ KL

Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I had long hair growing up, probably tailbone length. I cut it short (shoulder) when I was in my teens. During my teens was also a time of hair coloring and daily straightening ( ). Needless to say it took years to grow out the damage and get to the point I am at now - which is waist length with virgin, healthy hair. This is the longest my hair has been since I was a child and I am enjoying every bit of it.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/APL/???
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Yes. Hi again, I am back at LHC and growing again after a loooong time.

I grew from bald to waist 2005-2010. Here was my longest:

I had a pixie from 2015-2019.
    I am now growing out that pixie since 2019. Here's where I'm at now: