Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Low scent drugstore conditioners?

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Default Re: Low scent drugstore conditioners?

Quote Originally Posted by AshtangiPNW View Post
    I tried this one last night, Knobbly. First off, I’m so pleased that it’s $2.99 for ~17 ounces. I like it so far! I was having some sort of skin reaction to herbal essences, so fingers crossed that this one will be okay in the long run. The scent in the shower is cucumbery, maybe slightly citrus. The lingering fragrance seems to be slight powdery- maybe like talcum powder. Very slippery and effective! Thanks for the recommendation.
    Oh great, I’m so happy you and your skin are liking it.

So funny, I smell the rosemary but none of the things you describe.
    At my goal length of Classic after 2.5 years here at the LHC.
    (still growing though lol)

Length
    ~Chin/TBL+/CL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Really funny! I don’t think I’ll be able to use this one long term after all. Oh well! It’s great that it doesn’t bother you! It’s really powdery to my nose! I don’t smell the rosemary at all…so strange.I think I’m going to punt on the drugstore products for now and revert back to one of the natural ones that I know doesn’t cause skin reactions.
    ~Bleach-free from April 2018~*~No trimming~

Length
    buzz/39-TB/50-CL
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I recently started using Giovanni's Smooth As Silk Conditioner and my hair loves it! I'm always on the hunt for mild-scented, non-lingering hair products and this one definitely fits the bill. It's also inexpensive and at my local grocery store, which was such a bonus!

Length
    ~Chin/TBL+/CL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

That’s great, Agate! I’ve tried the smooth as silk conditioner and it does leave my hair really smooth. The Giovanni 50:50 conditioner is really nice for slip since it’s BTMS based and has an orangey scent (rather than grapefruit, like the smooth as silk). It has “natural fragrance” and doesn’t irritate my fragrance sensitivities.

Length
    ~Chin/TBL+/CL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by knobbly View Post
    That is a great way to put it— it’s a sharp smell that lingers. The full original perfumey scent is fine but the lingering bit is the part I find unbearable.

Let me know if you like the TJ’s condish!
    I think I’ll try this TJ one again, knobbly. I have not been having great success finding an effective, low fragrance coney conditioner otherwise! I was traveling a lot (and testing herbal essences) around the time that I tried it before, so I think it’s worth another try. I’ll just use biolage balm and Giovanni shampoo (trusted products) for the week to reset. Then, I’ll try this one again using the upside down suggestion (from another thread) too.

ETA: I tried it on my hands, instead. Nope- still really powdery to my nose. Fascinating how different everyone's sense of smell is!
    Last edited by AshtangiPNW; May 13th, 2022 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Update