Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New curly here!

Length
    Pixie/CBL/MTL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

Default New curly here!

Hey! I'm so excited to start exploring this forum more. It's such a comfort, and also kind of addictive.

I've been sporting mainly pixies and buzz cuts for the past ten years. As a person with a more masculine gender expression, I loved how I looked and felt with super short hair. Occasionally I'd let it wander to my shoulders but ended up chopping it again.

But on the other hand, I just LOVE TEXTURED HAIR. Curls and kinks and spirals feel like gifts from the universe, and I can't believe I get to have them (I'd classify mine as 3c with some 3b thrown in). My hair feels like a best friend. So I have this deep desire to grow it long and have as much of it as possible, as healthy and strong as possible. But I know I need support getting through the growing process, because when it gets to my shoulders I have historically reached for the scissors (or clippers).

I look forward to connecting with folks here, especially anyone who has big feelings about their hair and their gender expressions, other curly people, and everyone on their growing journey!

Length
    Pixie/CBL/MTL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

Default Re: New curly here!

Also if someone could guide me on how to post pictures, or point me to something written about it, that would be great! I tried to insert an image into a post earlier and nothing showed up.

Thanks!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Welcome!

There's a test board on here. There's a few guidelines on here as well. You will have to upload the picture to a photohosting site first though, you can't direct upload from a computer or phone.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Howdy, Abacus! Here is a thread that gives a tutorial on adding photos using postimages.org. I think the photo hosting site a majority of people here use is Imgur, although I've heard you have to opt in to make your photos private there.

Length
    0.25/50/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome! Yes you have to use a photo hosting site. I am using my non LHC blog for that.

Be nice or I will crawl out from your screen

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/CBL/MTL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Welcome!

There's a test board on here. There's a few guidelines on here as well. You will have to upload the picture to a photohosting site first though, you can't direct upload from a computer or phone.
    oh! A test board sounds so helpful, where do I find that? Thanks!

Length
    Pixie/CBL/MTL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by shelomit View Post
    Howdy, Abacus! Here is a thread that gives a tutorial on adding photos using postimages.org. I think the photo hosting site a majority of people here use is Imgur, although I've heard you have to opt in to make your photos private there.
    omg thank you, this is so helpful

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Abacus View Post
    oh! A test board sounds so helpful, where do I find that? Thanks!
    Here it is, an entire sub-board dedicated to testing posts:
    https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...splay.php?f=17

Length
    Pixie/CBL/MTL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

Thanks for pointing me there!

I'm noticing that I can't see other people's pictures when they post them sometimes, even on recent posts. I see people responding and talking about images that I just can't see -- is it because I haven't made 25 posts yet and some things are invisible to me?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Abacus View Post
    Thanks for pointing me there!

I'm noticing that I can't see other people's pictures when they post them sometimes, even on recent posts. I see people responding and talking about images that I just can't see -- is it because I haven't made 25 posts yet and some things are invisible to me?
    Yep, that. Plus some people decide to put their albums on private as well, which means you need to "friend" (and be accepted as a friend) to be able to see. But most don't seem to do that and keep at least one album public and/or use a photohosting site.

There was an issue with some photohosting site in the past and so a lot of images got nixed. Nothing can be done about that.