Thread: Greetings from France

Length
    16/16/40
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

Default Greetings from France

Hi everyone, I'm Cerise, a 40 year old women from France. I'm on a new hair journey. My lenght goal is a classic, I currently have my hair right to my shoulders. I did cut them on my 40's birthday. Long story short, I used to dyed them but b/c of an injury and the pandemic, I had to stop. Turns out, I'm really really grey now, so I did had bicolored (grey/ginger) hair til I was confortable enough to cut them. They were waist lenght when I cut them.😢 Now, I'm back to let them grow...

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Greetings from France

Lovely, welcome. Nice to see you here. For those interested "cerise" means "cherry" in English.

We have a special gray thread for those ladies & gents that no longer dye, or never did.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Howdy, good to meet you c:

Length
    10/23+/fun

Quote Originally Posted by Cerise81 View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm Cerise, a 40 year old women from France. I'm on a new hair journey. My lenght goal is a classic, I currently have my hair right to my shoulders. I did cut them on my 40's birthday. Long story short, I used to dyed them but b/c of an injury and the pandemic, I had to stop. Turns out, I'm really really grey now, so I did had bicolored (grey/ginger) hair til I was confortable enough to cut them. They were waist lenght when I cut them.😢 Now, I'm back to let them grow...
    Are you comfortable growing out grey? there are a lot of us (men and women) going the long grey route now, and there is a term/hashtag #silversisters many lovely people there that have decided we don't care what shallow people think, and we don't look any older than we are.....just choosing to be ourselves.

Good luck,
    O.R.
    Profile pic from a couple years ago(ahem)...

Length
    16/16/40
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Lovely, welcome. Nice to see you here. For those interested "cerise" means "cherry" in English.

We have a special gray thread for those ladies & gents that no longer dye, or never did.
    Thanks you I would search that out 😊

Quote Originally Posted by oldrocker View Post
    Are you comfortable growing out grey? there are a lot of us (men and women) going the long grey route now, and there is a term/hashtag #silversisters many lovely people there that have decided we don't care what shallow people think, and we don't look any older than we are.....just choosing to be ourselves.

Good luck,
    O.R.
    Yeah I have made my peace with it. It's not the first time I "go grey". I went a first time 12 years when I only had a few grey hairs here and there and a "Malicia from X-Men" lock of hair. It's liberating, and I had noticed the difference in hair dammage with and without dye. I'm lucky enough to never looked my age, when I was 30 I looked 18. And still not wrinkles at 40 😉. The pattern of my grey is quite nice actually. Some people think that I dye my hair grey on purpose when it's all natural !

PS : sorry if I make sentences/words mistakes or wrong use of tense, english is not my mothertongue 😊

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Cerise, here's the "salt & pepper" thread (would be hard to find otherwise):
    https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...ad.php?t=16951
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Cerise81 View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm Cerise, a 40 year old women from France. I'm on a new hair journey. My lenght goal is a classic, I currently have my hair right to my shoulders. I did cut them on my 40's birthday. Long story short, I used to dyed them but b/c of an injury and the pandemic, I had to stop. Turns out, I'm really really grey now, so I did had bicolored (grey/ginger) hair til I was confortable enough to cut them. They were waist lenght when I cut them.�� Now, I'm back to let them grow...
    Welcome here, Cerise, I'm in France too! I stopped dying my own hair some years ago and it is now all colours of sivers and grey, with some blonde mixed through, I'm sure your hair will look amazing as you grow it long And your English is very good!
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Welcome!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights