Thread: Promoting to article

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Promoting to article

Lots of us have this permission, but I wondered what the etiquette is and where exactly the articles end up if we were to promote a post to article.

For instance, Shelomit's excellent post about fenugreek I think would be exactly the kind of thing that should be an article, but I'm too scared of messing up to press the button

Edit: okay so the Articles tab is fairly obvious and somebody had exactly the same idea (yay!). Maybe I need to press the button just to see what comes up in terms of tags or anything else, I guess there's a step before publishing it? I'll wait for confirmation first, actually, just in case!
    Last edited by MusicalSpoons; January 23rd, 2022 at 12:12 PM.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: Promoting to article

Spoons, I wrote the post specifically to promote it to an article because the "create" option under the article tab was on the fritz at that point. (The mods have since fixed it!) Upon clicking the "promote to article" button there was an intermediary page with a large number of options prior to actually publishing the article. A couple that I remember were the option to include or exclude comments from the post and whether to publish the article immediately or schedule it. I imagine that you could probably click on the button experimentally to look at that intermediary page, then X out of the tab/window without actually creating the article?

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Promoting to article

Ah cool! Well I'm glad you did it that way otherwise I likely would never have seen it, and it was so interesting!

Thanks, I will have a look at the page
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness