Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4 Years of growing out my buzzcut!

Length
    neck/WL/~
    Type
    2a/C/ii

Default Re: 4 Years of growing out my buzzcut!

Congrats on 4 years!! Your hair has grown a lot and I love the colour
    Life is now
    ... better get going

Length
    Shave/21/29
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Yay!! Inspiring ♡

Length
    0.5"/32"/CL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I haven't had time this week to respond to this post until now, thank you all so much for the comments, I really appreciate all the kind words!
    I hope this can be helpful for those caught in the mires of the awkward stage, you can get here too! Join me

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    Wow, such impressively consistent gains (I wish mine grew that quickly). You'll be sitting on it before you know it!
    I do have the advantage of minimal height I've been quite pleased with how consistent my hair has been, in spite of the inconsistency of my habits. Hopefully soon It'll be long enough to sit on, then maybe one day I'll venture down to such epic lengths as yours!

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Congratulations! Yes: put down the scissors. It's simple advice but you wouldn't believe the back and forth at shorter lengths especially when growing out, the urge to cut is very pressing almost there, but if you can withstand that, you can do anything!
    Yes! Absolutely this, the obsession at shorter lengths makes it so hard to commit to letting it grow out. It's always the temptation to make it look styled (because let's face it, some lengths are just, so difficult to make look good at those shorter inbetween lengths), vs growing out. But the delayed gratification of growing combined with the pressing urge to cut = a recipe for lots of back and forth!

Quote Originally Posted by PeonyBlue View Post
    What a great post - your story should be great inspiration for others!
    aw thank you so very much, I loved seeing these kinds of progress pics when I was just starting to grow it out, gave me a lot of hope, so hoping it will do the same for others!

Quote Originally Posted by bokeh View Post
    It's so interesting to see your four year progression! Your hair was pretty at every stage but that last photo! Just gorgeous!
    Thank you! I'm feeling really good about my hair since that last cut in October, it finally feels like "me"
    Last trim 1st Oct 2021.
    Buzz-SL[17"]-APL[20"]- BSL[25"]-WL[28"]-HL[31"]-TBL[34"]-Classic[38"]

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./57/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by illicitlizard View Post
    I haven't had time this week to respond to this post until now, thank you all so much for the comments, I really appreciate all the kind words!
    I hope this can be helpful for those caught in the mires of the awkward stage, you can get here too! Join me

I do have the advantage of minimal height I've been quite pleased with how consistent my hair has been, in spite of the inconsistency of my habits. Hopefully soon It'll be long enough to sit on, then maybe one day I'll venture down to such epic lengths as yours!

Be careful what you wish for!
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > ???

Length
    0.25/50/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Congrats! Your hair is really beautiful!

Be nice or I will crawl out from your screen

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights