Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Litttle Bits/LBCC Historical on Etsy

Length
    BSL/Hip/CL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Exclamation Litttle Bits/LBCC Historical on Etsy

Hello everyone! I just wanted to pop in and recommend an amazing Etsy shop that sells historical hair and skincare products. The creams, oils, and perfumes are made from historical recipes, so it's a lot of fun to "window shop" their page if you're a history geek like me. I've personally been using their "1871 Rose Hair Oil" and it is AMAZING. It's made from a mix of almond oil, rose oil, benjamin gum (a perfuming agent), and a small amount of alkanet root for color. It smells wonderful and it makes my hair so soft! It smells vaguely vanilla with a rose and slight almond smell.

Here's a link, if anyone would like to check it out: Black Friday Vegan Herbal Hair Oil 1871 Rose Oil for the Hair | Etsy

They also sell hair pins, padding for historical hairstyles, and even horn combs.
    "But if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For her hair is given to her for a covering." - 1 Corinthians 11:15
    BSL-->Midback Length-->(nearly) Hip--->Hip with even hem--->Classic

Length
    Waist/BSL/TBD
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Re: Litttle Bits/LBCC Historical on Etsy

Oh, that is cool! I like how their listings and pictures are retro as well!
    Cut 12 inches back to BSL and donated it. Now just doing whatever I feel like. Won't be going any shorter than BSL.

Length
    AL/WL/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/iii

I've been obsessed with this shop since 2014! They used to post 18th century hairstyle and clothing tutorials on YouTube. Their products are absolutely lovely, i highly recommend the 1772 liquid rouge as a more affordable and vegan benetint alternative!

Length
    Waist/BSL/TBD
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Well, I caved. I bought the Jane Austen perfume in liquid and cream form, and the 1930's curl cream pomade. Can't wait for it to get here!
    Cut 12 inches back to BSL and donated it. Now just doing whatever I feel like. Won't be going any shorter than BSL.

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Oh emmmm geeeeeeeeeeeeeee *faints, is revived and wakes up in my Victorian dressing room fantasies*
    At my goal length of Classic after 2.5 years here at the LHC.
    (still growing though lol)

I see they also sell 4" Amish-style hairpins. I remember someone here a while back was looking for pins longer than 3", but it's been several months and I can't remember who it was...
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    chin/BSL/Floor
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

I LOVE this shop. Bought some things minus anything with almond oil since I'm allergic. I just love historical based concoctions!

I've had really good experiences with this shop, mostly skincare! Highly recommend the orange flower cold cream (I've used up 2 so far) and I really like the old fashioned mascara cake in a tin. Definitely going to try some hair product next go round.

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by aureleis View Post
    I've had really good experiences with this shop, mostly skincare! Highly recommend the orange flower cold cream (I've used up 2 so far) and I really like the old fashioned mascara cake in a tin. Definitely going to try some hair product next go round.
    Have you tried the eyeliner? The one with the applicator pin? I’m intrigued by so much!
    At my goal length of Classic after 2.5 years here at the LHC.
    (still growing though lol)

Quote Originally Posted by knobbly View Post
    Have you tried the eyeliner? The one with the applicator pin? I’m intrigued by so much!
    We've had threads here about kohl/kajal/sormeh before (not specifically from this shop, though I think there was an Etsy shop some people were buying from, and many of us tried our hand at making our own some years back). They're probably still around somewhere if you're interested.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.