View Poll Results: What is your goal length?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shoulder

1 0.90%
  • APL

0 0%
  • BSL/MBL

3 2.70%
  • Waist

19 17.12%
  • Hip/Tailbone

21 18.92%
  • Classic

28 25.23%
  • Mid thigh

18 16.22%
  • Knee

8 7.21%
  • Knee +

8 7.21%
  • Terminal

5 4.50%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2022 - Annual Goal Length Poll Part 2: What Is Your Goal Length?

Length
    11/21/30
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: 2022 - Annual Goal Length Poll Part 2: What Is Your Goal Length?

I have a question: should I check the goal length I'm (hopefully) going to reach this year or goal length in general (as in how long I really want my hair to be)?

Length
    0.5"/30"/CL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Prince View Post
    I have a question: should I check the goal length I'm (hopefully) going to reach this year or goal length in general (as in how long I really want my hair to be)?
    I took it to mean the end goal length rather than the next milestone. So if you're past BSL and aiming for waist in the short term, but your end goal is terminal you'd select terminal...
    Last trim 1st Oct 2021.
    Buzz-SL[17"]-APL[20"]- BSL[25"]-WL[28"]-HL[31"]- TBL[34"]-Classic[38"]

Length
    11/21/30
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by illicitlizard View Post
    I took it to mean the end goal length rather than the next milestone. So if you're past BSL and aiming for waist in the short term, but your end goal is terminal you'd select terminal...
    Ok, thank you!

Student of long hair care squirrrel's Avatar
    Length
    24/40/?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Mmmm. *nods*. I put mid-thigh down as I’m going to there (have been mostly since I joined) and want to then maintain for a while to see if I can thicken the ends up. I don’t know what I will decide to do then: I might consider seeing if I can grow to knee/calf length but I might also decide to maintain or even go shorter for a while. So, for me, it makes sense to continue with mid-thigh as my goal (especially seeing that’s on the cusp of longer than my arms can reach and needing to learn new ways of working).

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Yes, I always interpreted this as long term goals as well.

Still classic. I found my comfort-spot, and I am staying there. Voted. Done.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Ear/MBL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/iii

my ultimate goal length has changed from waist to tailbone
    Growing out a pixie since autumn 2019. Blunt cut to ear length on 01 Jan 2020. Shoulder length on 02 Jan 2021. MBL on 2 Jan 2022. Aiming for waist length (estimated Jun 2022); then hip length (estimated Feb 2023); then tailbone length (estimated Dec 2023).

Length
    ./55/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Prince View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrrel View Post
    Mmmm. *nods*. I put mid-thigh down as I’m going to there (have been mostly since I joined) and want to then maintain for a while to see if I can thicken the ends up. I don’t know what I will decide to do then: I might consider seeing if I can grow to knee/calf length but I might also decide to maintain or even go shorter for a while. So, for me, it makes sense to continue with mid-thigh as my goal (especially seeing that’s on the cusp of longer than my arms can reach and needing to learn new ways of working).
    Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Yes, I always interpreted this as long term goals as well.

Still classic. I found my comfort-spot, and I am staying there. Voted. Done.
    Oddly enough, I interpreted this thread's title "2022 Annual Goal Length ..." to mean the length realistically sought in 2022, not in 2023, or 2027.
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > LHC > ???

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    Oddly enough, I interpreted this thread's title "2022 Annual Goal Length ..." to mean the length realistically sought in 2022, not in 2023, or 2027.
    I think it's about what your view of the future is, at that particular time. If that makes sense?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    BSL/ankle/floor
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Yes, I think the purpose is to reassess your longterm goal length annually
    on to floor

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Ankle/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    It's looking at how things change over time, so what your goal is now, to compare with last year. The other part is looking back over the past year, whether goals changed, and this one is about your end goal as it stands now.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness