Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: What is the difference between a GREEN mod and a PURPLE mod?

  1. #1
    Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Where no man has gone before
    Posts
    2,386
    Length
    ./62"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

    Default What is the difference between a GREEN mod and a PURPLE mod?

    No joke, just curious
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

  2. #2
    Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Posts
    12,277
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

    Default Re: What is the difference between a GREEN mod and a PURPLE mod?

    Green = Moderator
    Moderators can edit posts, polls, blogs etc; move and merge threads; issue infractions and bans, approve new members, and search the member database. I think mods can also send some automated emails from a set list such as password reminders or resending the confirmation code for new members.

    Purple = Administrator
    Admins can do the above and manipulate forum software to some extent. For example, I can create site announcements, new forums/subforums, change the order things appear in, probably change the color scheme, merge accounts when old members show up under a new name, edit member info, and have slightly advanced (but cumbersome) abilities to query the member database. I can edit the bad words filter and the "can't use that in your username" list.

    I can't update the forum software or view statistics or logs or anything that isn't presented in the nearly, but infuriatingly not intuitive, VBulletin Admin Control Panel. (The number of menus inside menus is mind boggling.)

    58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

  3. #3
    Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Northeastern USA
    Posts
    4,947
    Length
    MBL/Waist/cheez
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

    Default Re: What is the difference between a GREEN mod and a PURPLE mod?

    Ooh, you can edit the bad words filter...
    Hair is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
    My not-usually-hair-related blog is at www.thecoffeelessmom.wordpress.com

  4. #4
    Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Posts
    12,277
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

    Default Re: What is the difference between a GREEN mod and a PURPLE mod?

    Quote Originally Posted by AmaryllisRed View Post
    Ooh, you can edit the bad words filter...
    Got an addition? *evil grin* I can ban "headache" if you like. *sigh*

    58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

  5. #5
    Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Where no man has gone before
    Posts
    2,386
    Length
    ./62"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: What is the difference between a GREEN mod and a PURPLE mod?

    Quote Originally Posted by neko_kawaii View Post
    Green = Moderator
    Moderators can edit posts, polls, blogs etc; move and merge threads; issue infractions and bans, approve new members, and search the member database. I think mods can also send some automated emails from a set list such as password reminders or resending the confirmation code for new members.

    Purple = Administrator
    Admins can do the above and manipulate forum software to some extent. For example, I can create site announcements, new forums/subforums, change the order things appear in, probably change the color scheme, merge accounts when old members show up under a new name, edit member info, and have slightly advanced (but cumbersome) abilities to query the member database. I can edit the bad words filter and the "can't use that in your username" list.

    I can't update the forum software or view statistics or logs or anything that isn't presented in the nearly, but infuriatingly not intuitive, VBulletin Admin Control Panel. (The number of menus inside menus is mind boggling.)
    Thank you! I've wondered for a long time
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

  6. #6
    Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Northeastern USA
    Posts
    4,947
    Length
    MBL/Waist/cheez
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

    Default Re: What is the difference between a GREEN mod and a PURPLE mod?

    Quote Originally Posted by neko_kawaii View Post
    Got an addition? *evil grin* I can ban "headache" if you like. *sigh*
    It's certainly a dirty word here lately. Also "referral."

    Perhaps "server" and "busy"...
    Hair is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
    My not-usually-hair-related blog is at www.thecoffeelessmom.wordpress.com

  7. #7
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    66,172
    Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: What is the difference between a GREEN mod and a PURPLE mod?

    Quote Originally Posted by AmaryllisRed View Post
    It's certainly a dirty word here lately. Also "referral."

    Perhaps "server" and "busy"...
    ROFL!

    I did notice a couple people had "drinks" in their user names. Found that at least a little funny.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •