Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Giovanni, Do you like it?

Length
    Chin/APL/....?
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Default Giovanni, Do you like it?

I was hanging about at ulta today looking for sulfate / cone free products. I ran accross Giovanni soft as silk shampoo and conditioner.

I've not used them yet, today was my wash day so it'll probably be a day or two.. maybe 3 before it gets used...

Has anyone here used the Giovanni products? Did you have a favorite if you did?

My hair type is 2a fine and thick....
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure..."

Length
    Chin/???/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Default Re: Giovanni, Do you like it?

I use and like Giovanni quite a lot. I use the 50/50 balancing shampoo and the smooth as silk conditioner. Double check the smooth as silk shampoo, I believe it has a silicone (dimethicone?) in it. The conditioner is cone-free. I really like the 50/50 shampoo, it's gentle, but gets the scalp clean. Their Smooth as Silk conditioner is my favorite cone-free conditioner.
    Last edited by patienceneeded; June 30th, 2012 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Stupid iPhone sent message before I was done...
    "There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish the light of one small candle." - Spanish Proverb
    Hip length to Pixie, now growing long again. Currently past SL, heading to APL.

Type
    2a/M/iii

I have tried the tea tree shampoo, which is great, use it for clarifying. Smells good too.

Also have the smooth as silk conditioner, and I love it. Leaves my hair so soft and lovely
    Last edited by Bianca; June 30th, 2012 at 04:04 AM.
    Waiting for waist

Type
    1a/F/i

Loved the shampoo and condish. Don't like the bottle. It's hard to get the last bits out of that strangely-shaped bottle.

Length
    SL/BSL/TB
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I love that conditioner so much. They discontinued it at the two stores I normally get it at so I'm using coney conditioner right now (In Kind) until I run across it again because I haven't found anything else that makes my hair as soft and tangle free as Giovanni without cones.

Type
    2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by TessieAnn View Post
    Loved the shampoo and condish. Don't like the bottle. It's hard to get the last bits out of that strangely-shaped bottle.
    Oh yes, thats right. Dont like the bottles either.
    Waiting for waist

Length
    bob/WL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

My favorites were the 50/50 shampoo and Tea Tree Triple Treat conditioner. I stopped using the shampoo since they reformulated and switched to Andalou Naturals, though.
    January 2012

Length
    BSL/Waist/BSL
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Didn't like the Triple Treat shampoo. (I had to wash again the next day)The condish worked fine, especially in the blistering humidity.

Length
    Chin/APL/....?
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin View Post
    My favorites were the 50/50 shampoo and Tea Tree Triple Treat conditioner. I stopped using the shampoo since they reformulated and switched to Andalou Naturals, though.
    Why do companies do that? The whole reformulation thing? If it agint broke dont fix it. Why do they do that? 15 years ago if you'd have asked me the best product I would have said Aveda, hands down. Loved Aveda. I didnt use it for a few years (mainly being poor... lol) A few years back I went and got the staple rosemary mint and noticed it was not the same at all. I mean it "smelled" the same.. more or less... but it was a much inferior product to the Aveda I remember from my youth.

Then i've also heard with the DevaCurl (reading reviews) that they reformulated there products as well.. and there where alot of people complaining about it....

I remember being at my sister in laws house about a year or so ago an she had a Giovnanni product in her shower. I cant rememebr now if it was the tea tree, 50/50 or what.... I just remember that distinct bottle.... I tried it, just off the cuff, and liked it... but I think I crossed it up with a diffrent brand of conditioner.

This was one of those situations where I spent the night (she lives out of town from me) and instead of bothering to go buy somthing just grabbed at random what was in her shower.

I wonder, has the reformulation occured recently? Like less than a year ago? I felt save trying this (I have alllergies) because i'd tried it at her house before.... but if they've changed the formual...

I feel so frustated... I want nice hair that doesnt smell like "hair" but between the allery issues I'm having... holy smokes

I've not tried it yet... I may today.. my hair went kind of limp after the 103 degree weather we had yesterday... I have nice wave definition typically with my second day hair but wave defination on not it's laying kind of flat on my head... "boo" LOL

I have high hopes for the conditioner. There were really good reviews on the naturally curly website. Although I guess I need to read the ingredients a little closer... Maybe the reformulation included the removal of cones? I dont remember seeing anything that looked 'cone'y when i looked at the bottle before... but I'll double check
    Last edited by Arden; June 30th, 2012 at 09:52 AM.
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure..."

Length
    Chin/APL/....?
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Neeva View Post
    Didn't like the Triple Treat shampoo. (I had to wash again the next day)The condish worked fine, especially in the blistering humidity.
    Oh yea, thats a good indicator for me. If I have to rewash the next day the poo didn't work right in my opinuion. I should be able to get at least 2 if not 3 days out of my wash... otherwise I feel like whatever it was aggrovated my scalp. Thats kind of why I started out with there most moisture rich product... I'll probably work backwards to less moisture if it weights me down too much.... Balance is key

By the way, Are you in Houston? I lived there a few years back... Was my second favorite place I ever lived... short of the summers.. lol

I'm living in Coastal NC now (which is where I'm from origionally)... you wanna talk about humidity? LOL