Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Help Please? Why Hasn't My Hair Grown?

Type
    3a/M/i/ii

Default Re: Help Please? Why Hasn't My Hair Grown?

Quote Originally Posted by MoonLady View Post
    Missmelaniem makes an amazing point.

I changed my relaxer technique to include oiling all my hair that had already been relaxed before starting to protect it just like how we use vaseline to protect our skin. It has made a huge difference in the quality of my hair. No more accidental overprocessing from overlapping relaxer near the root or from the rinse out before the neutralizing shampoo. I highly highly recommend that you only let relaxer touch new growth. So much less dryness and breakage in my experience.

Also, I'm not knowledgeable on this as I don't change my hair colour, but I've heard you're meant to wait a certain amount of time after relaxing to use dyes and vice versa to make sure you're not doing too much damage to your hair.

I'm like you, in that my hair can still grow long with relaxer. But it's faster and in SO much better condition when being more careful on application, following it up with Olaplex treatments, using CWC and always always wrapping my hair to sleep. It's crazy how much more length I retain now.
    Glad someone weighed in that is relaxing their hair regularly! I learned what I know in beauty school way back when and I only have a few ops in relaxer application. I just remember that we got our hands smacked if we overlapped relaxer onto processed hair.

The instructors were so dramatic about it lol but all to make a point on how important it is. Oil is a great idea. Ideally someone can do the application for you but thatís not practical for many people.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Yes, relaxers are often done at home, just like curly perms. I used to do curly perms at home as well. You rolled your hair, sprayed it with a foam and let it process a while. The foam was the fun part! Never ever tried a straight perm, don't know why. Maybe because in Belgium (in my childhood), just try and find it in a regular grocery store or drugstore somewhere... you're not going to find it. It is specialty and big city stuff. Small rural towns? Yeah, forget it.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    3a/M/i/ii

You bring up a great point lapushka in that if the OP can use a strong perm solution vs a traditional chemical relaxer to straighten their hair they may have an easier time of growing longer although the same principle applies in keeping the solution off the already treated hair, which can be challenging with perm solution.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by missmelaniem View Post
    You bring up a great point lapushka in that if the OP can use a strong perm solution vs a traditional chemical relaxer to straighten their hair they may have an easier time of growing longer although the same principle applies in keeping the solution off the already treated hair, which can be challenging with perm solution.
    Unfortunately it needs to be set, and really curly hair once wetted down has a mind of its own and will curl up so unless you have "plates" that you can stick it into, I doubt perm solution is a solution.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    3a/M/i/ii

itís the neutralizing that is key. It has to be neutralized and kept straight. This is something Iíve done more of, the success may be determined more on the texture of the hair.