Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Destroyed my hair while lurking... looking for help

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Destroyed my hair while lurking... looking for help

Quote Originally Posted by meovvmeow View Post
    Would the Herbal Essences Rosehip Shampoo be clarifying? It has sulfates, no silicones, and is clear. I was using that one for two weeks ish when I was on vacation and still had the same issue. I got back two weeks ago and have only used it once since that. I also have the Neutrogena Anti-Residue as well as ION Hard Water Shampoo and Bumble and Bumble Sunday Clarifying Shampoo... would one of those be any better? I'm fairly sure I don't have hard water as my city data looks good on that front and I've lived here for 10 years without hard water issues.
    I would go with the Neutrogena.

Personal choice.

I don't know whether or not I asked (or possibly read over it), but have you heat styled until shortly, dyed or bleached until shortly, relaxed the hair, curly permed it, done any of those things?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    27/27/40
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

Ok.... I'll try the neutrogena.

And no. Like sometimes I will lightly blow dry on medium heat (doesn't burn me if I point it directly at my skin) because I have somewhere to go. But I havent used a flat iron or curling iron in almost 3 years now. Never relaxed or permed. And my hair is pretty much virgin except 2 years ago I used a Manic Panic dye without bleaching.. my hair is medium brown so it showed up anyways but it has since faded.

Honestly I have had a lot of failed experiments and panicked attempts to fix them. Mostly mid pandemic when I found instagram. I started using ACV and I remember doing a citric acid rinse that burned my scalp. I put straight up honey on dry hair once which was a literal nightmare to remove. I had some bad experiences with extremely heavy oil treatments. And I was doing a lot of scalp treatments for a bit (The Innate Life) while being terrified of clarifying and had really build up from that... so then I tried different dandruff shampoos and then this psoriasis shampoo with 4% salicylic acid. So a lot of things. I feel like I damaged it more than if I bleached it.

I haven't done any of that stuff for months at this point. I just want it to be normal again so badly.

I found a hair care line that was really good for sensitive skin called Cliniderm. Sorry you are in so much pain!

Length
    27/27/40
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by _Melly_ View Post
    I found a hair care line that was really good for sensitive skin called Cliniderm. Sorry you are in so much pain!
    Thank you! This is actually available where I live. I've used their face cleanser before and really liked it, but there wasn't many reviews of the shampoo and conditioner so I wasn't sure if they were good or not.