Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sock Swap 2021

Length
    29"/34/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Sock Swap 2021

So last year we had a sock swap that was great fun. I thought we should do it again. I tried to give generous shipping deadlines to avoid the Christmas rush. Let me know if you think it should be changed. Also be aware that some places may have delayed shipping times and socks may take longer than usual to arrive.

General Rules (Copied from last year)

- Two pairs of socks should be sent to your gifter by the mail out deadline
    - Each pair of socks should cost $25 or less. There's no minimum. If you find awesome socks for $2, that's just fine.
    - Directly shipping the socks from a website in their country is recommended to save on shipping costs and COVID-related shipping delays

To join:
    You must have been a member here for at least 5 months with at least 50 posts
    OR
    Have participated in a swap before
    OR
    Have an established member vouch for you. If you fail to fulfill your swap box, the member who vouched for you will be the angel gifter for your giftee.

Please email me at autumnfalls @ live . ca (no spaces) with the following info:

LHC name
    Real name
    Address
    Shipping preferences if you aren't sending directly to giftee (ie, domestic)
    Sock info (size, measurements etc.)

Sock info can also be posted in this thread but if you want to keep it private, make sure to send it to me.

Also make sure to send me confirmation when you've sent your socks. Thanks!

Sign-up: Dec 1st, 2021

Matches go out: Dec. 5th, 2021

Shipping deadline: Dec. 30th, 2021

Please comment below if you want to join and email me your info. Also post your sock sizes and preferences, likes/dislikes etc below. I'd also love any recommended websites for people to buy from.

Shoe size conversion

Sock Dreams Website

Ozone Socks

Rockin' Socks
    Last edited by Shorty89; November 19th, 2021 at 10:04 AM.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Sock Swap 2021

I'm in! Now that I've finally gotten my books done I can have a little fun again! And I adore socks

I'd like to add RockinSocks to the recommended sites:
    https://rocknsocks.com/

For socks
    - I prefer knee socks or higher
    - Natural colors: greens, browns, purples, grays, and some muted terracotta.
    - I prefer tall, textured socks like this with leafy or celtic knot patters
    - I don't like cute / cartooney / brightly patterned socks like this

I'll send an email later this evening!

Length
    BSL/Waist/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Ah nice, I just sent my email to you. I’m looking forward to this, any excuse to shop is fun!
    Chin • APL • BSL • MBL • WL​ • HL • TBL • CL
    Lady Marie of the Scarlet Kin
    in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Waist/BSL/TBD
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Sock info: US shoe size is 8.5. I am open to any kind of socks as long as they're above ankle length. I am quite fond of Nordic type patterns, but I'm not picky.
    Last edited by RebekahE; November 19th, 2021 at 07:03 AM.
    Cut 12 inches back to BSL and donated it. Now just doing whatever I feel like. Won't be going any shorter than BSL.

Length
    29"/34/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    I'm in! Now that I've finally gotten my books done I can have a little fun again! And I adore socks

I'd like to add RockinSocks to the recommended sites:
    https://rocknsocks.com/

For socks
    - I prefer knee socks or higher
    - Natural colors: greens, browns, purples, grays, and some muted terracotta.
    - I prefer tall, textured socks like this with leafy or celtic knot patters
    - I don't like cute / cartooney / brightly patterned socks like this

I'll send an email later this evening!
    Thanks for the site recommendation. By the way, I haven't received an email from you yet.

Length
    shdlr/~Clsc/FrTp
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I am absolutely in but absolutely exhausted so I’ll repost my details & send you the email before the weekend is up! We’ve been budgeting super tight recently but my husband & I have each allowed ourselves a small splurge spend once a month so the swap will be mine. Thanks so much for starting it up!

Enchantress Maelyssa, Oracle of The Deep Wood in The Order of The Long Haired Knights

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

This is so fun! I was bummed out to have missed this thread last year. I’m so looking forward to seeing everyone’s socks.

I prefer calf height socks (crew?) I dislike ankle socks or socks to/above the knee.
    I don’t have too much preference for sock design. I do like colors but not neon or pastel as a preference. My wardrobe is mostly neutral/muted colors. I do like designs/patterns that repeat. Fun or obscure designs are appreciated too.

Looking forward to spreading the holiday cheer

Length
    shdlr/~Clsc/FrTp
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Alright after an honest to goodness real sleep I can finally get my info listed!

For socks…

- I prefer knee socks or higher…the longer the better because I’m on the tallish side please!
    - Natural colors & Neutral colors: blacks & charcoals, creams & whites, woodland greens, browns & beiges, grays of all sorts, muted shades of copper & old gold…the one pop of color I do love is shades of wine & berries.
    - I prefer soft, comfy, textured socks over thin socks because I’ll mostly be wearing them with tall winter boots.
    - I’m currently not in the market for things cartoonish or overly bright.

I’m super excited about this…it’s going to be fun shopping for someone!

Enchantress Maelyssa, Oracle of The Deep Wood in The Order of The Long Haired Knights

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I'm signing up! I've never done the sock swap before. Here's the info about my sock preferences...

Size: I wear standard women's size socks. I prefer crew length. Ankle length is okay too. Medium to thin is better than thick.
    Materials: I strongly prefer cotton (or cotton blend) or bamboo (or bamboo blend). I can't wear any kind of animal hair because it itches.
    Colors: My favorite colors are blue and green. I also like cool neutrals and purples.
    Patterns: I like cute animals, especially cats and otters. My DH bought me a lot of Socksmith brand socks, so probably avoid that brand, but as examples I have and especially like these otter socks in bright blue and these cat socks. I also like more geometric patterns such as argyle.

Community Guidelines
    ~ Contact a Mod
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." ~ Ghostbusters

Length
    29"/34/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Hey guys. We have a minor problem (aside from LHC's server constantly being busy). We have an uneven number of participants. I'm hoping someone else will join last minute but if not, I'm not sure how to arrange things. Any ideas?