Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is Your Preferred Long Hair Length for Men

Length
    Waist/BSL/TBD
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Re: What is Your Preferred Long Hair Length for Men

I don't like super short hair, but I don't like it past shoulder either. I like hair like the two below.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...Itd9VT1dJQHaE1
    https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...r2YdRzk_PAHaLC
    Cut 12 inches back to BSL and donated it. Now just doing whatever I feel like. Won't be going any shorter than BSL.

Length
    40/40/72
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I have always loved long hair on men. A big fan of 80's and 90's metal and hair bands, I've always adored it. MBL or APL are probably my favorite lengths. Too long and I start to get jealous!

Long hair on guys always makes me think he's a bit of a bad boy, lol. Rakish.

I like loose, or else braids and ponytails best. A French braid could look really good if done properly. I suppose I like most hairstyles on men except the man-bun. Accessories depend on whether or not you can pull them off. For instance, I can't wear a crescent moon to save my life. I look like an idiot. Meanwhile, others can make it look really classy.

Long hair on men is so sexy! Anywhere from shoulders to classic, I think past that is too much for me.
    We have a guy in the city here that has dreadlocks to his knee and it grosses me out, maybe that's why the classic and no more deadline?

Length
    SL/MBL/HL
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Mmmm, I think dreadlocks in general usually gross me out, the style too often tends to just look matted and uncared for. That said, I recently passed a woman on the street who had classic length dreadlocks that were kept in very good condition and suited her well. I love long hair of any length, even floor-length, but on myself I think anything past classic would unnerve me; what with wearing it loose and not being the most observant or careful of individuals, I would forever be wondering what might be on the ends of my hair from sitting on it, sweeping tabletops I leant over etc. and sooner or later I know it would end up falling in the toilet.

In my restless dreams, I see that town...
    Length
    12/hip/Thigh
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I love long hair on almost anyone, and have inadvertently ended up with male partners who prefer keeping their hair around TBL.

The exception is my husband, who grew his hair from very short to TBL in a remarkably short period of time, and it just didn't suit him. He is disarmingly handsome with short hair, and I even think CBL is a flattering on him, but longer lengths didn't flatter him at all. I didn't really care (it's his hair and I love him regardless) and had fun practicing various braid styles on him, but quite a few of us were shocked when he cut his hair off to donate and he was just...suddenly way more handsome.

ETA my eye does tend to be drawn to men with SL and longer, though I think MBL/waist/TBL is a good length.
    Last edited by Hellebore; May 17th, 2022 at 12:43 PM.
    Hovering at hip this year! Hip hip hooray!

Length
    CBL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I usually prefer the regular, traditional boy cut on men. However, of course men can also look amazing with long hair, i.e. I saw my long distance best guy friend recently, and he grew out his nearly buzzed hair to about APL. He looked completely different, in a super gorgeous way. I was stunned!

So generally, idc what haircut men sport, but my own personal preference tends to be "boring" I suppose.

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

It depends on the man and his mane. What looks great on one isn't gonna work on someone else. Long or short, it has to be clean though.
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Account Closed by Member Request
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Taking into account that what most people think is long hair on men would be short on a woman .......

I prefer medium length hair - not too short and not so long that they can tie a ponytail. This is however a personal preference and men can do what they like and so have a right to grow their hair if they wish. Some guys can look cool enough with long hair,but is not for me.

Length
    chin/BSL/Floor
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

I really like long hair on men (providing they care for it well).

Length
    10/27/60
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii/iii

Hey, that's awesome! I believe more men should take care of their appearance, especially the hair.
    Have you considered using hair masks, or maybe using a leave-in conditioner or something like rosemary or argan oil to help with the breakage?

As for me, I adore men with longer and messier hair. Whether it is shoulder-length or longer, I think many styles actually suit men's faces better than the shorter military buzz cuts.
    I come from a military family with backgrounds in agriculture and fishing, so I largely grew up seeing the males in my early life with either just a quick "crew cut" or no upkeep what-so-ever.
    When I started learning about my Native American ancestry, I was fascinated with how many males wore their hair long, and I appreciate the well-groomed look of men who take time on their appearance.
    For me, I think that nine times out of ten, a nice wolf cut or feathered bangs on a male that softens their features actually makes them more approachable and more interesting to see.
    I'm a big Korean-Drama fan, and a lot of the hairstyles the men wear on those shows are gorgeous.

As for my experiences- well my mother actually never cut my hair as a child and let it grow very long, until some kids stuck gum in my hair and I tried to hack it out with some scissors.
    I kept my hair short for years as I am genderfluid, and like a more tomboyish look for myself if I am not in uniform, but I also have come to enjoy more traditionally feminine activities as well, and feel
    comfortable with long hair for myself. I think the main difference is that I use more conditioner when it's long than when it's short, and it takes a bit more time to brush out obviously.
    Good luck!