Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Funny "non-hair" ways to use your hairtoys and hair tools !

Length
    Bob/Knee/Term

Thumbs up Funny "non-hair" ways to use your hairtoys and hair tools !

I thought it would be fun to share everyone's ways of using their hairtools / hairtoys for whatever use else than hair, where it turned out to come in handy or be the perfect thing to solve a problem !

1) Hairties : I found out that my hairties were the most perfect tool to securely hang my ukuleles on the wall !
    I simple twist them a bit, then pull both end loops over the upper mechanics each side of the headstock, and here I am ! It's soft and holds strong, and I can easily hang my instruments on nails on the wall, and take them off to play without having to undo the hairtie. I was so happy that I bought different colors to match my ukes, lol.

2) Hairties : when my jeans feels too tight at the belt, I take a small strong hairtie, pull it through the button hole, pass it inside itself to lock it, and here I am with a new jeans button-hole (actually a button-loop, lol).

3) BBB brush : have one that has too short bristles for my hair, but it is super efficient to get rid of pill/lint on woolen knitwear !

4) Claw-clips : I hardly use my smaller cheap plastic claw-clips anymore, so I decided to re-cycle them into "cable-holders". When I have a too long electric cable, I fold it as many times as necessary and clip it in the middle with the claw-clip. No more kilometers of computer cables everywhere ! And it's quickly opened if I really need the length.
    Bzzzzzz...

Length
    13/34/40
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: Funny "non-hair" ways to use your hairtoys and hair tools !

1: I have an old fashioned, cast iron claw foot bathtub. A shower hose has been attached to the faucet, but there's nowhere to hang the shower head so I only use it for rinsing my hair. The rest of the time, I use it as a regular bath faucet. I use a hair tie to hang the shower head on the temperature knob so that it doesn't spray everywhere!

2: My cousin has a cat who loves chasing hair ties. She doesn't eat them, just chases them if you shoot them across the room.

Length
    8 in./40 in/50 in
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

I have used sticks to scratch my back, stir my coffee, chopstick my food, and apply make up liquid to my face by dipping the stick into the bottle of liquid make up.
    Oh yes to scratch my ear canal.
    Oldest LHC Member Currently holding the title: The Eldest
    Radical Believer in the Kingdom of God being here at hand.

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I used to use hair ties to keep cabinets closed to ensure Marty didn't get in them back when I had cabinets that had knobs. My current place does not have those types of cabinets, but fortunately it turns out he has no interest.
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/Waist/cheez
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by akurah View Post
    I used to use hair ties to keep cabinets closed to ensure Marty didn't get in them back when I had cabinets that had knobs. My current place does not have those types of cabinets, but fortunately it turns out he has no interest.
    I did this on our bathroom cabinet to keep the kids out. Of course it doesn't actually prevent them but it discourages them.
    Hair is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
    My not-usually-hair-related blog is at www.thecoffeelessmom.wordpress.com

Length
    18/22/25
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Smile Re: Funny "non-hair" ways to use your hairtoys and hair tools !

I use my flexi-8s as curtain holders.

Length
    Bald/APL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I use my clips to hold together my shawls when I'm freezing in the office and have to type. Sticks as head scratchers, and definitely have done the loop-hole on my pants trick! That was a favorite when I was preggers
    08.1.2020-Bald
    “Her messy hair is a visible attribute of her stubborn spirit. As she shakes it free, she smiles knowing wild is her favorite color” (J. Iron Word)

Length
    Bob/Knee/Term

Thanks everyone for your tips !

@ luluj : this is some super lovely curtain-holder !! Wow, I have to dig out my flexis from my un-used hair stuff stach !
    Bzzzzzz...

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I've used hair ties to keep loaves of bread closed when I've misplaced the wire tie. I've also used hair ties to close/seal bags of chips.

Hair clips come in handy to keep curtains closed or open. I've also used hair clips to keep sweaters, bath towels and vests closed.

Hair sticks come in handy to retrieve items that are just out of my reach. I've also used them to hold back curtain (after twisting the curtain in a bun, if you will ). Itchy head, ears and backs are a given; they're also fun to twirl when I'm thinking.
    Not Cut, But After Washing, Before Brushing and Bunning...Baby steps!

Onward and Upward GoddesJourney's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL!/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

I use claw clips rarely for hair. They are good for curtains, shower curtains, bag clips in a pinch. I use one medium/small clip to hold a hand towel around my daughter like a bib if she is sick and needs to use her neti pot to get her sinuses clear without getting her clothes wet.

For cool tips on life, check out my blog, How to Be Awesome, For Free, a survival guide for surviving in style.