Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ISO: Cheap, cone-free conditioner in Canada

Length
    waist/clsc/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default ISO: Cheap, cone-free conditioner in Canada

So, I was using Tresemme Perfectly (Un)done for years, but it's been discontinued for some time. I've been finding it at the dollar store but it's gone there too, and my stash is used up. I need a new conditioner that is a) cone-free, and b) cheap. It's the "cheap" part I'm having trouble with; I've used a couple of Shea Moisture ones I've liked but it's like $12 for a tiny bottle and that's on sale,which is no bueno with the amounts of conditioner I use.

I've tried the Botanique Nourish and Replenish but it's leaving my hair gunky and coated-feeling. The rest of the Botanique line has cones. I've also tried one of the Garnier Fructis Hair Treats ones, but it didn't work out either, made my hair all limp and flyaway, and since I had the same issue with a couple of their masks I suspect the rest of the conditioner line won't work for me either.

Help me fellow cone-free Canadians, you're my only hope! I want my fluffy hair back!
    Lady Ilium, Spellweaver and Technomancer in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    1c/2a,M,ii. Maintaining at classic for now.

Length
    BSL/ankle/floor
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Default Re: ISO: Cheap, cone-free conditioner in Canada

Ever tried Mane 'n tail? (the regular, not deep moisturizing)
    I could find a 1L bottle for about $10. I've never used any other cone-free conditioners so that's all I've got!
    the country where she's going, someday we all shall find

on to floor...

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I'm guessing no Suave or Alberto / V05 in Canada?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    waist/clsc/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
    Ever tried Mane 'n tail? (the regular, not deep moisturizing)
    I could find a 1L bottle for about $10. I've never used any other cone-free conditioners so that's all I've got!
    I've never tried it. I've seen it around so I'll give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I've seen them here and there but in weird places like Canadian Tire that one time or the supermarket on the outskirts of town that sells beer and socks (most supermarkets here don't sell beer or socks.) They're not widely available.
    Lady Ilium, Spellweaver and Technomancer in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Robot Ninja View Post
    I've never tried it. I've seen it around so I'll give it a try.

I've seen them here and there but in weird places like Canadian Tire that one time or the supermarket on the outskirts of town that sells beer and socks (most supermarkets here don't sell beer or socks.) They're not widely available.
    Probably too hard to go get then!

I love Hello Hydration from Herbal Essences, but it's got a silicone in there, so I can't recommend. Honestly, I have never been more amazed at the difference of each and every formula as I continue to go through my stash of conditioners mostly (most are different while my shampoos don't change much). And I have to say, sometimes something with a silicone sucks, and other times something with one doesn't. It just depends on the overall formula. I find.

Maybe have people recommend something that works for them and stipulate (between brackets) whether it is with or without a silicone?

Or, is it for a reason, that you can't use it?

Length
    34/34/45
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

So, I was using Tresemme Perfectly (Un)done for years, but it's been discontinued for some time. I've been finding it at the dollar store but it's gone there too, and my stash is used up. I need a new conditioner that is a) cone-free, and b) cheap. It's the "cheap" part I'm having trouble with; I've used a couple of Shea Moisture ones I've liked but it's like $12 for a tiny bottle and that's on sale,which is no bueno with the amounts of conditioner I use.

I've tried the Botanique Nourish and Replenish but it's leaving my hair gunky and coated-feeling. The rest of the Botanique line has cones. I've also tried one of the Garnier Fructis Hair Treats ones, but it didn't work out either, made my hair all limp and flyaway, and since I had the same issue with a couple of their masks I suspect the rest of the conditioner line won't work for me either.

Help me fellow cone-free Canadians, you're my only hope! I want my fluffy hair back!
    Non-Canadian here but I was going to suggest the Botanique one, which is my go-to. It's cheap and gives a cool slip, it's widely available and cone-free. I haven't really noticed it leaving my hair gunky.

There's a really cool Canadian brand that has awesome reviews and I'd love to try... It's called Calia. They have 3 or 4 different lines, all cone-free. It would be very expensive to buy them from where I live, but maybe they're affordable in Canada?

Good luck with your search for the Holy Grail.

Length
    waist/clsc/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Or, is it for a reason, that you can't use it?
    Because buildup. I mostly CO-wash.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomy Daisy View Post
    There's a really cool Canadian brand that has awesome reviews and I'd love to try... It's called Calia. They have 3 or 4 different lines, all cone-free. It would be very expensive to buy them from where I live, but maybe they're affordable in Canada?
    I looked it up and it's online-only in my part of Canada, and fairly pricey.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Because buildup. I mostly CO-wash.

I looked it up and it's online-only in my part of Canada, and fairly pricey.
    Ah ok, makes perfect sense!

Length
    29"/34/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Sometimes V05 here has cones. Mane N' Tail is good but it can mimic protein and cause problems for some people. I personally use Down Under Naturals Nude line. All of the Down Under Naturals products are silicone free. They're about $5 for 750mL. The Down Under Naturals are found at many stores but I've only found the Nude line at Walmarts.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    13/34/40
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I believe Giovanni is available in Canada, not sure it's "cheap" but it's cone free.