Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: List your hair goals for 2022!

Length
    HL/TBL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Default Re: List your hair goals for 2022!

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    Ooook, I tried to do a list:

1. Don't buy any shampoo. I have too much of them for my needs, and this makes me nervous. I know this sounds hilarious.
    2. Improving my ends conditions.
    3. Learning new hairstyles.
    4. To figure out a new, consistent routine.

Speaking for the length, I honestly don't know. Classic sounds possible only if I don't care about my ends condition, since I need 5-6 inches. I'm more focused on those ends to remove.
    1. Actually used up all my old bottles!
    2. Mh kind of, but I suspect 6 months are too much for my ends.
    4. Still working on this.

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

It's unlikely I'll actually stick with this idea but I'll give it my best shot
    And that is to not bleach my regrowth for the no trims challenge just to see what 6 months of regrowth plus bleach looks like.

For example will it look like frosted tips, or an ombre though I'm thinking it will look more like frosted tips

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty View Post
    I don't really have length goals anymore and I've got my routine pretty much down but I'd like to...

- Avoid taking length pictures as much as possible (easier to do now that I've broken my tripod/ring light, oops).
    - Visit the LHC more!
    - Wear more of my hair toys and sell the ones that don't work for me.
    I've been doing pretty well with limiting length pictures and am planning to only do it once a month for comparison purposes.

I've come back to the LHC especially recently, and picked up with my blog again which was a related idea.

Still working out how to wear some of my stuff post haircut but getting there I think. Who knows if I'll ever sell anything. Maybe I'll just sit atop my hoard dragon-style for eternity.

Length
    2/4/22
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I guess I'll join in late.

I'd like to get to WL by the end of the year. It's a stretch but I'll land somewhere around there by 2023. I'd also like to have my bangs long enough to style them as curtain bangs.

I want to finish my bottle of marula oil. I bought it based on a recommendation, it's fine but just not my favorite oil. This works out though because I want to start using a lot more oil, my hair seems to just love it.

Which leads me to my final goal, which is to develop a much more conscientious hair care routine that makes abundant use of hair oils. I'm especially interested in trying hot oil treatments.

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

I've failed every goal I had for 2022 but it's always been things I struggle with so Im Lowering my expectations so I'm going to keep one goal at a time and that goal is to have hair on my scalp by the end of the year

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Three-quarter point check-in!

Quote Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
    The big goal is to reach floor by the end of 2022 and be as happy as possible with my ends when they get there. I'm at 66" right now with some racers at 67" (and about an inch difference between the left and ride sides...**** ). I'll hopefully be 5" away by New Year's to have a bit of leeway to even out my hemline with one or two small trims. Floor by my next birthday would be nice but that would be cutting it close...
    Halfway point check-in!

My last measure was 69", so on track I guess (Floor is between 71" and 72"). It's not going to happen by October I don't think, but that's fine. There's no telling what state my ends will be in, but it's possible to get there by New Year's if I don't trim, which is my plan.
    As much as I didn't believe, I actually did it I called Floor before my birthday! It was indeed cutting it close, with only a handful of the longest hairs touching the ground unstretched. Hope to have even more there by New Year's

Other stuff...
    • Hone my braiding skills: For English types, I've only mastered up to 5 strands while something always goes wrong with my 6s and 7s; they look perfect below the shoulder, but something goes awry at the top when I'm braiding from behind. I have the same problem getting past 3 strands for French/Dutch braids. I know the motions to do them but something's wrong with my technique and they always turn out awful. I just want to be able to do the 5-strand Dutch!
    Uhh no... I kinda forgot about that lol. Not currently doing any styles that require more complex braiding and still pretty thrilled I can do a 3-strand French and Dutch at all.
    Forgot about this again...lol! I have pages of instructions and styles written up for when the motivation eventually strikes.

• Actually learn some of the updos I've put into a lengthy document and never looked at again...and in that find a new everyday bun that doesn't fall out so easily
    Yes! Not to actually going through that document, but I found a new daily bun! Nessa bun I've reverted back to my old one for sleep though to keep the ends tucked all night.
    Haven't found any new daily buns, but I did discover I could hold a log roll with a Ficcare and am really enjoying that one!

• Maybeee...try out new hairtoys? I know how to use a single stick and nothing of forks, ficcares, or anything else on the hair accessories board. Mostly because when I find something that works, I settle immediately. In 2015 I learned how to put my hair up with a pencil, so bought some wooden sticks and never looked back It's intimidating, but maybe I'll take the plunge.
    This was the beginning of the end. I...I have spent so much money. I don't even want to talk about it.
    Still succumbing to the pretties on Etsy, but I was able to acquire a few of my recent ones as birthday gifts! So my wallet is slowly recovering

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    1. Length-wise, I don't think I actually have any goal. Well, mid-thigh, kind of - but if I'm not there by the end of the year, I don't mind! Let's just say my goal is to keep growing out my natural hair and to abstain from any bleaching and colouring.

2. Continue to lead a very healthy life: nutrition, sleep, exercise, stress management.

3. Keep tracking my product usage through the use-it-up challenge and keep working through my stash. I should keep product purchases at a reasonable (see how I decided on a word that allows for colourful interpretation...?) level.

4. Complete the first no-trimming challenge, then more or less maintain for the rest of the year, or alternatively, do a bigger trim at the end of the year, but that doesn't seem to work quite as well for me. I always end up trimming less that way.

5. Take seasonal length shots.

6. Improve my braiding skills???

7. Accumulate as much photobleaching as possible.
    1. I guess this is a success, for what it’s worth. If I wasn’t cutting my hair soon but it might have gotten close to mid-thigh by the end of the year.

2. Eeh… Less of a success than the previous couple of years for sure, but not a complete failure.

3. Yep, good enough!

4. I’ve not had that trim yet but I did complete the first have, so pretty successful.

5. I fell off the wagon here. Failure!

6. Definitely did not do that. Fail.

7. At least I sunned my hair a lot. Hopefully I got some.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I've failed every goal I had for 2022 but it's always been things I struggle with so Im Lowering my expectations so I'm going to keep one goal at a time and that goal is to have hair on my scalp by the end of the year
    still winning, I have hair on my head still
    No Trimming No Dye
    CBL>>>>>APL>>>>>TBL>>>>LCL
    Currently Buzzed

Length
    15/40/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by baanoo View Post
    I’m planning on trimming back up to hip around the new year, after completing my no-trim 2021 challenge. For 2022, my goals are to:

- grow my bangs out into more of a curtain-style
    - reach bcl+ again with a thicker hem
    - wear my hair in more buns and fewer braids
    - get my health to a better place and hopefully start regaining thickness
    Well! I trimmed a little earlier than planned but also hit bcl around the spring equinox so win/win there. I could technically call tbl now but will wait til the winter solstice to see if it actually looks it.

Operation bangs transformation is underway; I’ve had them shaped twice and probably ought to do it again sometime this fall.

Semi-success on the braids to bun ratio?

After my thyroid treatment last November, I gained about ten badly-needed pounds and have definitely started regaining thickness. My overall health is improving though I still have a way to go (continually-relapsing stress smoker here).
    Lady Daybreak, keeper of the Stars & Sea ☽︎ artist, lover, general mystic

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Is it still possible to post my goal for 2022 with less than 3 months left?

My goals would be:
    1 Don’t buy any more shampoo or oil or ayurvedic herbs. I have already infused and sealed 8 bottles of hair oil that’ll last me a few years.
    2 Don’t buy any more hair toys, not even ribbons or pins. If I really want new ones, I have to make my own DIY, but then I would probably go overboard with the materials and tools, what a dilemma!
    3 Eat healthy food, take supplements, exercise, drink over 2.5L of water, go to bed early, oil my hair, massage my scalp with minoxidil, wear my iRestore helmet every other day, I’m doing all this to reach my maximum gene potential to grow back from my big shed and promote growth rate. Do monthly measurements and take monthly length photo in the same beige dress. My current length is 95cm, my monthly growth rate is 1.5cm+. Preferably reach 100cm by the end of this year, if not, by Chinese new year (January 22nd).
    4 Continue my no-trim/heat/elastic/ and fingercomb/bun/water-only hair care routine, I can comb, deep condition and clarity my hair once a month. Also, wash my silk bonnet and pillowcase more frequently, let’s say, once a week?
    5 Detangle and hand-tie my leftover collection of hair sheds from five hospitalizations into wefts and hair extensions, this might be the hardest nut to crack but it distracts me from getting my hands in the ones still attached to my scalp. I currently have over 30,000 shed hair sorted out and I estimate to have another 20,000 to sort plus if I still collect new shed every day. Also stop thinking about wig ventilation, you won’t need it, at least for now.
    6 Practice benign negligence as best as I can, avoid mechanical damage as much as possible, protect my hairline at all cost, practice new hair styles on my mannequins (I currently have 3, and don’t even try to get new dummies unless the old ones go bald from all the manipulation).
    7 Continue the WEO (wear all my hair toys at least once) challenge, I know it’s impossible to finish before 2022 with the amount of hair accessories I’ve accumulated, so I will limit to pins/sticks only (forks or clips don’t count.)
    8 Try to finish the A-Z hairstyles challenge, I don’t think I can finish it in October if I get carried away by variations and discover new styles along the way (like I did with 30 LWB variations in September), anyway, at least learn all 26 styles by the end of this year and experiment more in 2023.
    9 Be as stress free as possible, go see my gynecologist in November to check the status of the lumps on my chest and uterus, hormonal imbalances messed up with hair sheds so take it really really seriously.
    10 Take moderate amount of hair photos and videos, quality over quantity, don’t get too caught up with social media attention and influencer mindset. Learn better photography skills and make tutorials to help others and in turn, help myself. Also work on a style that’s pretty enough to replace my current signature pics.

Lastly, go back and check this list by the end of 2022 or January 2023.
    Last edited by tuanyiji; October 9th, 2022 at 08:48 PM.
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]