Thread: nice to meet you :)

Type
    1b/1c/M/C/iii

Default nice to meet you :)

Hey everyone! so... my hair has always been a pain the butt
    For starters, i marked iii, but I'd have marked iiii if it was available. I just have an insane amount of hair. Back when I had it bleached in the past, I had to have 2 people apply it simultaneously so it'd all process in time (and it was just SL). I've never grown it past BSL since childhood, so I always had a hard time putting it into styles like braids, etc. This could've been helped by doing them really tight, I guess, but I also have a rly sensitive scalp (maybe bc of the weight of all my hair?) and most styles give me a headache anyway.
    It also always swells up after being wet. No matter what I do (I've tried microfiber towel, no touching at all, products, etc), if it got wet that day it'll be all poofy/frizzy. This didn't bother me as much when it was longer, but since I've cut it short I just hate it sm. I cut it into a long-ish pixie cut, and it'd look fine some days but I'd hate it on wash days. So then I thought about this sort of pixie. I thought I'd have my hair so short I'd just forget about it...so I got it, and it didn't work either! And I was so excited about it!
    It looks kinda like the pic on good days, except that, due to the amount of hair, it builds up to a few more cm on top, as if my head was really long ?? It's probably not as bad as I think, but I'm just so tired of this I just want to be happy with my hair!
    I've also had a pretty bad time at my last hairdresser visits, so I don't feel like going to one ever again. I guess this just leaves the option of letting it grow; at least it may look pretty y-y
    So here I am, looking for motivation/inspo, and to try and not go crazy as it grows out, srry for the long rant!

Length
    Hip/CL+/Metal
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: nice to meet you :)

Welcome here!
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Length
    1"/35"/42"
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

Hi sukapin. It might help you to know that while I can totally relate to what you say because I also struggled with difficult hair I love my hair now that it's long. The weight from my longer hair seems to make it lay nicer but the really helpful thing for me is being able to put it up now that it's long enough. Once it was long enough to tie back or put up I was finally in control of my wild hair. I see that you have some problems putting your very thick hair up and I am sure that you will get lots of help with that problem here. You will have to grow through some very difficult stages and it won't be easy but if you stick with it I am sure that you will be very happy that you did and you will finally be able to love your hair.

Type
    1b/1c/M/C/iii

Thank you Ylva and bokeh! I was feeling pretty overwhelmed the other day but today I'm more optimistic about it ^^

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Welcome!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    BSL/calf/floor
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Welcome! Love your avatar

Have you considered an undercut? It's not for everyone, but I've heard good things from people who struggled to manage their thickness.
    ankle by Yule 2021

Length
    BSL/WL/CL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
    Welcome! Love your avatar

Have you considered an undercut? It's not for everyone, but I've heard good things from people who struggled to manage their thickness.
    My friend with super thick hair got one done and she loves it. She has part of the side shaved, and the rest about chin length.

Although I have the opposite of thick hair, I felt my poofy hair was much more manageable when it was longer and I could put it in a braid or bun or at the least the weight would hold the waves down.

Length
    0.25/50/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome!

Be nice or I will crawl out from your screen

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Hello welcome!