Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do some hair masks make hair grow faster? Experiences?

Default Do some hair masks make hair grow faster? Experiences?

You know these YouTube girls who always tell that some hair mask makes their hair grow like crazy... I've learned that most pills don't make hair grow any faster, but do hair mask offer a better chance to this? .. 🙂

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Do some hair masks make hair grow faster? Experiences?

Oh gosh no girl, don't believe it; nothing makes hair grow faster.

If you are interested, there's the inversion method on this forum, look there for instance, if you want to do something that might matter in your journey, but... it might not, it's different for everyone.

Yeah and pills, only if you are deficient in something in the first place. If you are healthy that's not going to do a thing!

Patience, it's the only thing that works. Where's that famous video when you need it. LOL!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Thank you for this hint! 👍

Type
    1b/F/i

I feel the need to post this at least once a year. I have classic length hair for the first time in my life and this is the ONLY thing that did it for me.

Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Yeah, there's that video; thank you lunasea!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Quote Originally Posted by lunasea View Post
    I feel the need to post this at least once a year. I have classic length hair for the first time in my life and this is the ONLY thing that did it for me.

FALSE ADVERTISING! What they don't tell you is that you have to use another product with this, called "Time"! LOL
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    16/38/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Kat and lunasea are correct, time and patience is what you need.. If hair masks made hair grow faster mine would be to the floor because I do them so often and I've probably tried every gimmick out there over the years.

Thanks for the laugh lunasea, I've never seen that video and it is perfect!
    CBL/APL/BSL​/MBL/Waist/Hip/TBL

Length
    Chin/BSL/Term
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

The only thing hair masks do is possibly increase the strength of your existing hair, thus making it look longer "faster" because your existing hair is not breaking off as much as it might be without you even realizing it, thus giving it the appearance that they "aren't growing" and seemingly stagnant. But really, your hair is growing at it's usual rate, just that your existing hair is being retained much better and giving it the appearance of increased growth (which is technically true, but not so much from the scalp as it is from the lengths!).

I can speak from experience that hair masks had saved my very bleached, very damaged hair from breaking off to the point of no return and needing to chop them all off in order to see any progress at all. So they definitely work, but for my ends and never my scalp (as I never put hair masks on my scalp in the first place)!

Length
    thigh/mbl/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Seconding time, vitamins if you are deficient, hair masks if you want to prevent your hair from falling off
    Also handling your hair with care and wearing protective hair styles.

Also there's a peppermint thread floating around somewhere - apparently in mice, a high concentration of peppermint oil applied topically made hair grow faster, BUT that doesn't mean it would work for humans and the concentration was much higher than the regular maximum concentration recommended

Eating well so that you have all your nutrients covered is much, much better than eating poorly and taking supplements. There are always exceptions, of course. E.g. people who wear hijab or similar may have to supplement vitamin D if they live in Sweden. People who are too deep in depression may have to supplement if they can't cook/make food regularly. Etc. etc.

Working out increases your metabolism which seems to increase hair and nail growth.
    2008: 24cm/10" 2015: 41cm/16" 2022: 120cm/48" // 2022: 52cm/21"
    instagram

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I'm with Natalina. Masks might make your hair APPEAR to grow faster because it isn't breaking off as much. They're worth trying.