Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which herb gives the best slip against tangles?

Default Which herb gives the best slip against tangles?

Aloe vera, marshmallow root, slippery elm, flax seed gel, fenugreek, horsetail rinse, honey... something else? Anyone who has already made this research? 😉
    My tangles really need the best help they can get...

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

Default Re: Which herb gives the best slip against tangles?

I would try the marshmallow root first. Easy enough to make a tea infusion to spray or rinse.

Ok thanks! And I've heard you can just add marshmallow root powder into conditioner... I must order this to me from eBay, It was very cheap there 👍

I like hibiscus.

(Haven't tried marshmallow root et al... I'm always afraid they'll gum up my hair and make it sticky/tangly. I might have some old marshmallow root somewhere, though-- probably shouldn't drink it for tea anymore, so maybe it's time to use it on my hair.)
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Can anybody tell me, which are better slip givers: silicones or these best herbal masks/rinses?

The effect of fenugreek-flaxseed gel at least feels amazing right now 😲 And I didn't even keep it overnight this time, only a couple of hours. (To the scalp I put only this gel ({because it should speed hair growth, so I wanted 100% effect from that to the follicles} and to the lengths I mixed it with a cheap conditioner.)
    Last edited by Priska; October 17th, 2021 at 12:03 PM.

Length
    Chin/MBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Priska View Post
    Can anybody tell me, which are better slip givers: silicones or these best herbal masks/rinses?

The effect of fenugreek-flaxseed gel at least feels amazing right now �� And I didn't even keep it overnight this time, only a couple of hours. (To the scalp I put only this gel ({because it should speed hair growth, so I wanted 100% effect from that to the follicles} and to the lengths I mixed it with a cheap conditioner.)
    What a coincidence, I just applied a fenugreek-flaxseed mask for the first time tonight! I actually added a heaping teaspoon each of fenugreek and sedr. I used it all over my scalp and lengths, because I accidentally made too much and didn't want it to go bad. So far my hair feels very soft- it's not completely dry yet but it feels promising.

How does it feel now? 😉

And what is sedr?

Length
    SL/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Marigold rinse is good against tangles
    Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.

Lady Sheala the Conjurer of the Empress Tree in the Order of Long Haired Knights

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Priska View Post

The effect of fenugreek-flaxseed gel at least feels amazing right now �� And I didn't even keep it overnight this time, only a couple of hours. (To the scalp I put only this gel ({because it should speed hair growth, so I wanted 100% effect from that to the follicles} and to the lengths I mixed it with a cheap conditioner.)
    It depends on your hair. My hair doesn't like silicones, but gets shiny and slippery from herbs and such Others can't live without silicones.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights