Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knee to Ankle Length hair main daily hairstyles?

Length
    SL/Knee+/Knee+
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Question Knee to Ankle Length hair main daily hairstyles?

What are your main daily hair styles for hair this length?
    Hello

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Knee to Ankle Length hair main daily hairstyles?

My go to styles since hip have been Spidermom’s Bun, Lazy Wrap Bun, Center Held Braided Bun, and a Coronet.

It is really going to depend on thickness more than length though.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/Waist/cheez
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I wear a nautilus or lazy wrap bun every day. If my hair is being slippy it's a braided nautilus or lazy wrap bun. If it's uncomfortable I leave the tail out and if I have a headache I just wear an English braid and wrap it loosely around my neck or prop it on my shoulder like a pirate with a parrot.
    Hair is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
    My not-usually-hair-related blog is at www.thecoffeelessmom.wordpress.com

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

My daily style is the log roll. Fast, holds great, can easily be worn under a winter hat or a bandana in the summer. Also looks dressy to muggles! Highly versatile.

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I normally use a Spock bun or a double wrapped Nautilus bun. On occasion I will wear a French Twist or a log roll.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Quote Originally Posted by AmaryllisRed View Post
    I wear a nautilus or lazy wrap bun every day. If my hair is being slippy it's a braided nautilus or lazy wrap bun. If it's uncomfortable I leave the tail out and if I have a headache I just wear an English braid and wrap it loosely around my neck or prop it on my shoulder like a pirate with a parrot.

Length
    BSL?/??/?
    Type
    1c/F/M/iii

I wear a braided nautilus bun most days when I'm not getting dressed up for anything like work or a social event. More attractive options, for me, include a cinnabun (held with a billion spin pins) and twists at the front of my scalp for some volume, a coronet braid, the off-coiled bun, and sometimes a triple knot bun thing (though I kind of forgot about that one for a few months, should bring it back in rotation). Yesterday I had my hair up in a lazy wrap (not braided) but it amplified a headache I was trying to stave off, and also kept slipping out of the stick & fork I was using, so it was a good reminder that style doesn't work for me anymore.

When I was at knee length and slightly past, it was almost always an English braid or two (but that's my go-to style at any length, because having my hair "up" doesn't work that well for me). Heidi braids worked okay, with some end management. I find that at longer lengths, a figure-8/infinity bun doesn't work for me, though at some lengths it was manageable with braided hair. (I keep meaning to experiment with figure-8, though, and see if I could flip over *two* loops at the top for sort of a cloverleaf look.)

Chromis, could you maybe share how you did a log roll at that length?
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

I followed HeidiW's tutorial but now can't seem to find the same method! It is super easy though other than needing to have a lot of hair. Lemme dig some more.

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Thanks! I'm not even certain that what I call a "log roll" is the same as what everyone else does... I should probably search it.

ETA: Oops, no, it's not. I use it for what happens to me when I try to do a Gibson Tuck only with long hair, of course the "keep tucking your hair through until you have just enough left to put in the 'pocket' left behind" part takes so many tucks through the ponytail that it's no longer a tuck, it's just a weird roll....
    Last edited by Kat; October 12th, 2021 at 07:27 AM.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.