Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knee to Ankle Length hair main daily hairstyles?

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Default Re: Knee to Ankle Length hair main daily hairstyles?

The PhotoBucket being jerks thing really broke a lot of the old tutorials! I know I learned it from a series of photos, but so many of the old articles and threads nave lost their pictures now. The variants I keep seeing on YouTube are more complicated than the one I learned originally.

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

I might try it some time, but I think it would be pretty big and I have a feeling I would have a hard time keeping it up (I have trouble sometimes "anchoring" hairstyles to my head).
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Cinnabun, Tatsilus bun and coronet braid are amongst the hairstyles that I wear most often.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Didn't see this before. My main daily style at the moment is a Nessa bun, and a LWB with a wide enough fork (or double-wrapped, if not) and Spock bun are all fairly 'go-to' buns for me. Also a sort of version of an orchid bun; I do a single twist of the top loop around my fingers, then wrap the length around the stem, held either with a fork or Ficarre (that only works because my hair is thin and compressible, in fairness) and the Posh bun sometimes. For fancy, I like a cinnabun held with spin pins, or a braided cinnabun/LWB/nautilus/etc.

I haven't done a helix bun for ages but that's a good one for a lot of length. Also equilibrium bun; I can't get my hair to co-operate with the twisting but the bun uses up the length really well.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

I recently learned the Nessa bun and I've found my new favourite for sure. I've had a terrible time recently getting buns to work, as the length either completely deforms them or pulls my scalp. The Nessa is easy, sturdy, and looks good from both the back and the sides (a rare occurrence). Most importantly for me, the stick goes in vertically. It's exactly what I was looking for and I'm so relieved. Bless Haartraum for coming up with it <3

Length
    TBL34/KL48"/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I haven't earned the right to be here...yet. I hope you don't mind me popping in for a practice run for when I really belong!
    I pray for inner peace, family peace, world peace...Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I usually put my hair into a braid on wash day, wear it down braided overnight and in braided buns during the daytime for two or three days, then brush it out and transition to non-braided buns until the next wash. The ones I most often use are nautilus and orchid buns. If I know I'm going to have a busy week, then I put it up in a crown braid right after washing. I can wear that for a full week without having to futz with it and it comes down/detangles surprisingly easily. (I'm at knee stretched/wet.)

I've been really loving my nautilus bun lately, but I'm definitely going to have to try some of the others listed in this thread. My hair is thin, but I still deal with weight issues and scalp pain when it comes to certain styles.

I also used to wear a coronet braid all the time. That one's great for weight distribution, but it takes longer to put up in the mornings.
    Last edited by Spiffyhink; July 19th, 2022 at 07:12 AM. Reason: I figured out how to use my signature!
    Never dyed or heat styled. I had my hair short once and hated it; I love short hair on others, but it's not for me! Occasionally I do chops of a few inches to even out my ends, but that's about it. Benign neglect is my favorite routine!

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/38.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Braided LWB was my go-to, held with 2 sticks. It was secure and protective.
    I also loved the infinity bun.

Length
    ?/Calf/TERM!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by AmaryllisRed View Post
    I wear a nautilus or lazy wrap bun every day. If my hair is being slippy it's a braided nautilus or lazy wrap bun. If it's uncomfortable I leave the tail out and if I have a headache I just wear an English braid and wrap it loosely around my neck or prop it on my shoulder like a pirate with a parrot.
    I can't get that last sentence out of my head! I can’t imagine how to prop hair on your shoulder like a parrot?! I want to try parrot hair I did try to make my hair “perch” but the only thing that kind of worked is a lame snake-y “U” that wouldn’t stay…

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Thanks! I'm not even certain that what I call a "log roll" is the same as what everyone else does... I should probably search it.

ETA: Oops, no, it's not. I use it for what happens to me when I try to do a Gibson Tuck only with long hair, of course the "keep tucking your hair through until you have just enough left to put in the 'pocket' left behind" part takes so many tucks through the ponytail that it's no longer a tuck, it's just a weird roll....
    The same thing happens to me with a Gibson tuck. It looks so pretty in the YouTube videos, but I feel the same. It sticks out too much in the back..like a duck’s bill. It also tangles horribly when I try to untuck. I really wanted it to work because it was a Victorian style…speaking of which, I can’t do a waterfall bun? Ponytail? Hairstyle? to save my life, but it looks impressive and simple in the illustrations like the Gibson Tuck.

I've learned so many buns from this thread, thank you I’m going to try a *braided* Lazy Wrap Bun today (have only done unbraided before today).

Oh, I guess I should answer the thread….I like cinnabuns, Neoma knots, chameleons and Nessa buns most of the time. If I have a headache, I do what I call “Biker Braids (because I saw a guy on a moped? scooter with tinsel streamers on the handles wearing it He had unicorn white long hair. He was cool! Oh and the hairstyle is really great for keeping tangles at bay!).” It’s a low nape ponytail with ponytail holders at 1”-2” inches apart…I use these weird no-name brand hair ties from Walmart with monochromatic stripes on them. They don't tangle much at all. Someday, when I’m rich (ha!), I’d like to try them with Flexis instead
    🐓_insert erudite quote here_🦤
    💗I'm a pink loving, bun wearing, rambling, bird person. Ta cheistanna agam!💗