Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: October 2021: Braid Waves

Length
    chin/bcl/cl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: October 2021: Braid Waves

Lovely, spidermom! Thatís such a romantic wave shape - very pretty.

Kat, I just realized I didnít tell you how completely excellent your waves are! I always really like seeing your hair.

I had my hair in a fishtail today so when I took it out I photographed it in honor of making up for all the months Iíve been a slacker on the hairstyle of the month.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

So this

started with dutch braids like this

Length
    BSL/FTL/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Ooh, I'll need to try deliberate rope braid waves some time! When I rope braid, my hair tends to want to stay twisted when I take it down, but if I separate very carefully and not too much, I might be able to get wave-curls like that rather than frizz! (I just washed my hair and I'd try it right now while it's damp, but, while I have to go to the office tomorrow, it's for something I likely won't want my hair down for, so, maybe another time.)

I find I like to use a French braid (or two) if I'm actually trying for braid waves, so I get the wave all the way down my hair rather than having straight hair stuck flatly to my head and then the waves abruptly start at my neck. I've not tried making waves with anything but an English braid, though.

Here are some braid waves from a couple weeks ago; I had done my hair in a high ponytail then made the ponytail into four braids. This is what I got when I took it down.
    I don't think I've ever seen a picture of your hair! It's really pretty!

Also I can't really contribute to this thread because my natural pattern is very close braid waves, and since I keep my hair in a braided bun most of the time to retain wurls, my hair pretty much always looks like braid waves.
    You are a beautiful creation! Psalm 139

Length
    0.25/50/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Very beautiful everyone!

I will crawl out from your screen

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    chin/bcl/cl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Spidermom, lovely! My dutch braid waves always are so much tighter; I really like seeing the variation in others' hair.

Quote Originally Posted by elise.autumn View Post

Also I can't really contribute to this thread because my natural pattern is very close braid waves, and since I keep my hair in a braided bun most of the time to retain wurls, my hair pretty much always looks like braid waves.
    Ah, yes, I feel this deeply.
    artist, lover, general mystic; maker of many things

Quote Originally Posted by baanoo View Post
    Kat, I just realized I didnít tell you how completely excellent your waves are! I always really like seeing your hair.

Quote Originally Posted by elise.autumn View Post

Thank you! This was the odd time of my hair looking good, lol, and the braid waves weren't even deliberate. (I decided to do braid waves this week and it was a total fail. I took my hair out of the braids and it looked really clumpy and greasy-- I had done the braids post-wash when my hair was not quite dry, so maybe that's the reason. Taking a brush to them just left them looking more frizzy than anything. Oh well!)
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    17,5/25,8/?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Kat, it was so exciting to see your hair! I have read so much about it but never seen this mystical creature before, lol. Those braid waves are just amazing, like a waterfall. You have really pretty hair.

I loved braid waves when I was a little kid and had long hair. My mum used to braid my damp hair in the evening so that I would have curls.

Nowadays I'm more into braids than braid waves, and here's both. I liked these braids so much I kept them for 1,5 days and now I'm enjoying the results.

And I'm not growing out my hair this year either. *sobbing*
    It's still at BSL without waves.
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Length
    0.25/50/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Beutiful everyone!

I will crawl out from your screen

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    chin/bcl/cl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Suortuva View Post
    Kat, it was so exciting to see your hair! I have read so much about it but never seen this mystical creature before, lol. Those braid waves are just amazing, like a waterfall. You have really pretty hair.

I loved braid waves when I was a little kid and had long hair. My mum used to braid my damp hair in the evening so that I would have curls.

Nowadays I'm more into braids than braid waves, and here's both. I liked these braids so much I kept them for 1,5 days and now I'm enjoying the results.

[IMG] [/IMG]

And I'm not growing out my hair this year either. *sobbing*
    It's still at BSL without waves.
    Itís gorgeous! :swoon:
    artist, lover, general mystic; maker of many things