Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LHC scam sale? / How would you deal with seller...

Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Default LHC scam sale? / How would you deal with seller...

Hello everybody...
    Early July I bought two TTs from an LHC member who's been here for a few years, and who even bought an acrylic stick from me in 2018. I sent her a normal paypal payment with a comment indicating there's been a sale between us.
    I haven't received anything and the seller has not responded to many of my messages asking if she had any sort of tracking number....
    I know she is signing in to LHC from time to time because it appears on her profile.... Why would she ignore my messages if I've been very polite to her till now? Do you think I've been scammed and I should do something to claim my money on paypal?
    I feel so bad because I have a baby girl who could use a hundred things from that money and for once in a blue moon I've treated myself and that's how it turns out :'(
    Last edited by yamsha23; September 20th, 2021 at 12:18 PM.

Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: LHC scam sale? / How would you deal with seller...

PS I live abroad but it never takes more than 4-5 weeks to get here.

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by yamsha23 View Post
    Hello everybody...
    Early July I bought two TTs from an LHC member who's been here for a few years, and who even bought an acrylic stick from me in 2018. I sent her a normal paypal payment with a comment indicating there's been a sale between us.
    I haven't received anything till today and the seller has not responded to many of my messages asking if she had any sort of tracking number....
    I know she is signing in to LHC from time to time because it appears on her profile.... Why would she ignore my messages if I've been very polite to her till now? Do you think I've been scammed and I should do something to claim my money on paypal?
    I feel so bad because I have a baby girl who could use a hundred things from that money and for once in a blue moon I've treated myself and that's how it turns out :'(
    By "I haven't received anything till today" you mean you still haven't received anything at all? In English that could be incorrectly interpreted as "I got it today".

There are a dozen possible explanations both "favorable" and "unfavorable" to the seller. It legit and truly could have been lost in the mail. Things are not exactly great in the world.

I am not confident you have any recourse. The rules themselves say:
    Please remember that selling and swapping are at your own risk. If a swap/sale does not turn out as expected, please contact your swap-partner via PM or email and try to solve the problem directly. The swap board is not the place to auction your items.
    You can review them in depth here: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...ad.php?t=44940

EDIT TO ADD: If you used PayPal and used "goods and services" correctly in the purchase, you may be able to use PayPal to dispute the exchange.
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Oh gosh, that's terrible, yamsha!

If she did send it and it just hasn't arrived yet, then why ignore all your messages!?

Here's hoping it can be resolved!
    Much love to all my fellow long hair peoples!

~ ~

Length
    12"/65"/60"
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I agree with akurah, open up a PayPal dispute. Perhaps start out by messaging the seller and asking, again, for a tracking number or **something**, and explain that if you do not receive a reply by (pick a date not too far in the future, say, by this coming Friday for example) you will be filing a PayPal dispute. I really hope you paid by goods and services... if so, you will be covered. It's sad to have to do that, but if they took your money, they really should send you the hair toy.
    ISO Large Cobalt Ficcare!

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I'd just start a Paypal dispute right away. That usually get seller's attention quickly and hopefully they will respond soon.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire-o View Post
    I'd just start a Paypal dispute right away. That usually get seller's attention quickly and hopefully they will respond soon.
    Totally agree^^ Don't be afraid to use what you have available to you, and that is the best option.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Well, it's possible they had something happen. Do you know they got your messages? (Do you know that they didn't send replies you didn't get?) Do you know they haven't had some sort of emergency and are in the hospital or something?

But your first action is to open a dispute with Paypal. You sent the money as a payment, not to "friends and family," right?
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Check and make sure your inbox isn't full. I had that happen with a seller once, I got her messages but was unable to message her back.

Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Thank you everyone... Yes it was a payment and I see that I can open a dispute.
    I imagined all the scenarios, inbox full (not), emergency (its been 3 months and why is she still online every now and then), not reading my messages (I wrote PMs AND on her wall).
    Maybe a dispute will get her attention if its true she has a tracking number and if I get the TTs I can always send the payment back again.
    Its just so much stress for nothing I even paid her the TT full price as new because it was a "sentimental one".