Thread: Uneven hair texture

Default Uneven hair texture

My hair in general is kind of wavy, but it's especially wavy in the back, especially at the ends. Why is this and is there anything I can do about it?

Length
    BSL/Hip/?
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Uneven hair texture

Quote Originally Posted by pinkysmith View Post
    My hair in general is kind of wavy, but it's especially wavy in the back, especially at the ends. Why is this and is there anything I can do about it?
    Welcome Pinkysmith,

It's natural, that happens. I have tight bushy curls but some places have bigger loser curls than others. In my teens I tried to get it all the same without resorting to a perm (not a solution for me due to allergies). I'm more accepting of how it is now and let it be.
    Kay , BSL > MBL > Waist > Hip

Length
    17.5/26/27
    Type
    4a/F/M/i/ii

In my opinion, this is completely normal. The great majority of my hair is like 4A, but there's a slighly looser section at the nape of my neck and at the temples. It just happens

If you have a blunt cut though, it may be that the weight of the top hair keeps it from springing up as much into curls as the top hairs are longest with a blunt cut.

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Agreed, I have a number of different hair textures on different parts of my head.

You did specifically mention your ends though. Do you put anything on them or treat them differently? Also how long is your hair? Sometimes it takes some length for natural texture to show.
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

Length
    SL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Parts of my hair are fairly straight but other parts are quite wavy, especially the sections near the back of my neck. It's completely normal to have more than one texture!
    Lady Kaname of the Chaos Realm in the Order of the Long Hair Knights

Length
    22APL/34HL/43CLS
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I have one side more curlier/wavier than the other, with the nape having ringlets. When my hair was much shorter (above BSL), I’ve used perms, the curl girl method (CGM) and even resorted to straightening - the latter not successful, as my hair fought to retain its natural texture.

Now pass waist, I just let it do its own thing, with the waves/curls not so defined due to the weight of the length, but it does give ponytails a nice texture. If I want more waves or curls - especially for special occasions, I style with my Dyson airwrap.
    Last edited by Jools69; September 20th, 2021 at 12:43 AM.
    <a href=https://i.imgur.com/ofd4S3m.jpg target=_blank>https://i.imgur.com/ofd4S3m.jpg</a>

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Welcome to the forum!

There may be a chance you are wavier than you think; it happens to a lot of us!

Why not let us hairtype you. The guidelines for that are around here somewhere. But you basically, shampoo, condition (optional), gently wring the water out, pat dry, let air dry without touching, combing or brushing and then take a picture of the back of your head.

Normally as of APL (arm pit length) we can give you a pretty good estimate.

Good luck, and welcome again.

Oh, and yes, very very normal!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Totally normal. It always looks like I have one strand in the back that is longer than the rest because it's straight. The rest of my hair ranges from Wavy to loosely curly.