Thread: Moisturizing hair powders

Length
    Neck/APL/WL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Default Moisturizing hair powders

Good evening lovelies!!

So now that I'm getting back into herbal hair care, I saw something new to me!

Aloe vera powder!

Has anyone tried it before?!? I am planning on buying some, bit would love any feedback from anyone using it!

What are your favorite ingredients to add to herbal wash concoctions for moisturizing?

Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

Default Re: Moisturizing hair powders

I started adding aloe powder to my henna and other hair packs. It seams to work ok making the mud softer and less prone to drying, but I don't have much experience with it yet. I also like fenugreek but the smell is something to consider.

Length
    MBL/33 in/HL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i/ii

I always add a yogurt to avoid the concoction being to dry, or aloe Vera gel! It's good for moisturizing and the results are always great.

Length
    Neck/APL/WL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Thank you!! I am going to order some in the near future!! I do have fenugreek and tried that last night on it's own after washing. It was... interesting!! I don't think I used it right....it clumped up and then got stuff in my hair!! I do love how slippery it felt though!!!

Have you ever used it by itself? Or tips to keep it from clumping up?

Maybe I should've have let it sit for 10-15 mins before using?!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MissDixie View Post
    Thank you!! I am going to order some in the near future!! I do have fenugreek and tried that last night on it's own after washing. It was... interesting!! I don't think I used it right....it clumped up and then got stuff in my hair!! I do love how slippery it felt though!!!

Did you use it as a powder? If so, it's recomended to let the mix sit over night before using it Otherwise it will contain clumps.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Neck/APL/WL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    Did you use it as a powder? If so, it's recomended to let the mix sit over night before using it Otherwise it will contain clumps.
    Yes, it is powdered! That explains it!!! I definitely did not leave it sit over night!!! I had a feeling I used it wrong!!! Thank you!

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MissDixie View Post

Fenugreek is one of my favourite hair herbs. Definitely let it soak for 8 hours before using it though, also it will swell a lot so you'll probably need to add more liquid to it as it sucks in the water. If you want to step up the conditioning quality then you could mix the aloe powder with it or mix it up with coconut milk as the liquid component. I often mix my henna with coconut milk and it gives an amazing result with none of that post henna dryness.

If you have the whole fenugreek seeds then you can soak them overnight and use the liquid as a hair rinse or even mist your hair with it. I find the misting can leave a bit of buildup though but the rinse doesn't seem to give me the same issue.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.