Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Login issue

Length
    ./53/KNEE
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Login issue

I was just typing this ...

Trying to login with an invalid password for me seems to reproduce the symptoms you see

Stupid question but perhaps your password at LHC was changed at some point during your "vacation" and perhaps you forgot or didn't record it correctly? Don't log out from the good computer, yet.

Using the computer which can access the forum, does changing your password to a "known value" and using it to log in from the one which can't help?

ETA: also be sure your NUMLOCK key is inactive if your keyboard contains an embedded NumPad and your password uses those keys
    Last edited by foreveryours; July 26th, 2021 at 07:45 PM. Reason: ETA
    scalp > SL > MBL > WL > TBL > FTL > LHC > ???

Length
    Hip/CL+/Knee?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post

Trying to login with an invalid password for me seems to reproduce the symptoms you see

Stupid question but perhaps your password at LHC was changed at some point during your "vacation" and perhaps you forgot or didn't record it correctly? Don't log out from the good computer, yet.

Using the computer which can access the forum, does changing your password to a "known value" and using it to log in from the one which can't help?

ETA: also be sure your NUMLOCK key is inactive if your keyboard contains an embedded NumPad and your password uses those keys
    Wouldn't changing my password log me out on all other devices? I'm positive I didn't change it though. Anyway, I'm willing to try this, I'm just a bit worried I will end up getting completely locked out of the LHC if I start messing around too much XD
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Errr yeah but whatever happened to typing it in manually? I'm sure that's been covered. No?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Errr yeah but whatever happened to typing it in manually? I'm sure that's been covered. No?
    I can't speak for other people but Chrome saves all of my passwords, so I rarely ever type one in manually on my own devices.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Hitting numlock and capslock accidentally is probably my number source of password misfires

You'd have noticed by now if it was capslock of course! The only other thing I can think of would be to try telling your firewall explicitly to allow LHC. My only other bright idea would indeed have been to try a different browser. I have two sites that I can only use in Chrome because I can't get the extension they need to run properly in Firefox.

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Things that come to mind... Updating FF to the latest version? Could it be as simple as that. But, then you probably already thought of that.

My dad once couldn't access the internet. We phoned our internet company, they came out and tested the cable; it was fine. Turned out to be my dad's firewall (ZoneAlarm back in the day) that suddenly started acting all weird and had never done so before. They told us they had to charge us, but then ultimately didn't because my dad did all the software handling.

Length
    ./53/KNEE
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Another thought ... perhaps your keyboard is malfunctioning, say from accumulated dust, where pressing a key to type a character does not emit the expected key code for the computer to use.

If you have a working USB keyboard to spare you might plug that in to see if using it makes any difference attempting to login.
    scalp > SL > MBL > WL > TBL > FTL > LHC > ???

Length
    Hip/CL+/Knee?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Chromis View Post
    Hitting numlock and capslock accidentally is probably my number source of password misfires

You'd have noticed by now if it was capslock of course! The only other thing I can think of would be to try telling your firewall explicitly to allow LHC. My only other bright idea would indeed have been to try a different browser. I have two sites that I can only use in Chrome because I can't get the extension they need to run properly in Firefox.
    I will look into the firewall thing when I'm back at my flat again. For now, I'm back at my mom's, where I can actually access the LHC on a PC! Thank the gods!!!

Things that come to mind... Updating FF to the latest version? Could it be as simple as that. But, then you probably already thought of that.

My dad once couldn't access the internet. We phoned our internet company, they came out and tested the cable; it was fine. Turned out to be my dad's firewall (ZoneAlarm back in the day) that suddenly started acting all weird and had never done so before. They told us they had to charge us, but then ultimately didn't because my dad did all the software handling.
    I generally use Chrome and downloaded Firefox specifically to test. Both are up to date.

Another thought ... perhaps your keyboard is malfunctioning, say from accumulated dust, where pressing a key to type a character does not emit the expected key code for the computer to use.

If you have a working USB keyboard to spare you might plug that in to see if using it makes any difference attempting to login.
    That doesn't explain the thing with the missing security token. I mean, I was originally logged in, but unable to post, edit or report things because that pop-up would happen. Also, I had my password saved on the browser. I've actually never changed my LHC password as far as I can recall.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Could it be at LHC's end? Has someone looked into it, yet?

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Could it be at LHC's end? Has someone looked into it, yet?
    There is nothing we can see on this end and if there were - it would be affecting her account globally, not just one computer.

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.