Thread: Hello! Longtime lurker first post!

Length
    17/22/42
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Hello! Longtime lurker first post!

Hello everyone! I've been lurking here off and on for the past 12 years, and finally posting, so hopefully I do this right! I am 1c/M/ii and my hair journey has been shoulder to Classic and back and forth every variation. Currently mid-back aiming for Classic.

I have a question about hair thinning that I'm hoping to get some help with. Ten years ago as a teenager I had a big shed and lost about an inch of thickness, and my hair stayed that thick until my last baby, when during pregnancy I didn't lose any hair. After the baby my hair was the same thickness as when I was a teenager.

I started taking collagen immediately after baby's birth and I didn't have a postpartum shed, and kept the same thickness for 14 months until the last 2 months I've started to shed again and lost 1/2 an inch.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this sort of experience, and if anyone has advice for me on if and how I can get my thicker hair back.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Hello! Longtime lurker first post!

Welcome.

If you lose that much hair, please go see your family physician. It's not worth it worrying over it. They can do a quick blood panel to see whether or not it's deficiencies (do ask for that, I think they have to specially mark it on the form where I live, at least).
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    0.25/50/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome!

I will crawl out from your screen

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Welcome!

Hi and welcome!